“Possibly the best meal I've had, anywhere!”
Review of De Pepermolen

De Pepermolen
Ranked #38 of 734 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant because it was convenient! Not a great Trip Advisor strategy I admit. However, from start to finish it was a brilliant decision. The food, wine, service and ambience were spectacular! Eat here when in Bruges!

There are newer reviews for De Pepermolen

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A small restaurant but excellent food and service given by owner couple. We decided on the chefs menu. Excellent. Quail accompanied by good, rich jus. Cod fillet with shrimps - very well cooked - followed by rich chocolate tart, sorbet and raspberries. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Recommended by our friendly receptionist at the Peellaert. Loved the ambiance and the food. The menu is small with seasonal dishes. Had the terrine of goose liver and the black angus beef with a creamy peper sauce. The terrine was buttery soft and above all delicious. The beef was also perfect, tender and delicious. All and all the dinner was above average, simple yet tasty. And be sure to reserve, it's tiny and gets packed quickly.

1  Thank MNavas72
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Small, quaint restaurant with warm, charming ambiance. The cod and lamb dishes were the best we had during our 18 days in Europe!!

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was referred to De Pepermolen by my B&B. The restaurant is less than a 10 minute walk from the old town center. I got there at 1:45 PM and was given a dinner menu. When I asked about lunch, I was told lunch service was over. Decided to stay as I hadn't eaten all day. I ordered the baked salmon with bernaise sauce even though salmon is not my favorite. It was the best I have ever had and was accompanied by potatoes and asparagas. The ambience was very nice although the wait staff was less than friendly. For some really good food, I certainly recommend De Pepermolen.

1  Thank HBCATraveler