“Delicious!”

Ranked #73 of 757 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Restaurant was recommended by a local business man. Our entire experience was a "10". Food, service and ambience were all amazing. We highly recommend this restaurant. Price was fair and wine portions generous.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food was up to the usual standard one would expect from central Bruges, but given the setting and the very nice décor the place totally lacked any kind of atmosphere or charm. A little background music would dispel this, but it is very small and the slightest conversation at the table seemed to resonate around the other diners. We had great hopes for this place from the outside and while the food was fine we came away feeling somewhat disappointed. The staff were efficient but not especially friendly. An OK place for a competently cooked meal, but don't go there for a special occasion. There are better options for that in Bruges.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The proprietor of the B&B recommended this restaurant along with a number of other restaurants which were open on Sunday night so no favouritism.

It's off the main square and across the canal in a quite little street. It was inviting from the outside and looked cosy, there were only two other diners so we had no problem getting a seat. By the end of the evening a further eight people turned up.

The restaurant appears to be geared up for couples as most of the tables were doubles although tables could be put together to accommodate larger parties.

We had the set menu €38 each, this is for three course, the starter was shrimps on an avocado mousse. These were similar to Morecambe Bay shrimps but from Zeebrugge. The main course was a lovely piece of lamb steak really well cooked that melted in your mouth. This was served with carrots and very tasty dauphinoise potatoes. Dessert was mascarpone with fresh berries. We also had an entree of olives, radishes and winkles.

We had three beers and two coffee's, the total price was €104 plus tip. The ambiance was pleasant and much to my amazement the background music included a Nils Lofgren song never heard that in a restaurant before! It was an unhurried meal, the service was as I like it, not intrusive and none of this how was your meal sir, everything ok sir.

Very enjoyable and recommended.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

we dined here after reading some amazing reviews from TripAdvisor.

The restaurant is basically a converted front room of a lovely corner house with seating for about 20.
It is run by a husband and wife team with the front of house being run by the lady.

it is a charming setting and we sat down for dinner at about 7.45.

Now the menu is in French and Flemish. My gripe with this is that on the particular night we dined there 80% of the diners were English.
This resulted in the menu being described several times; surely easier to print it in English I thought!

The starter was a mix of Langoustine and green asparagus, very beautifully cooked with a great Jus. I was a little disappointed at the Langoustine portion given this was nearly 20 euros a plate.
My main of beef was fine but didn't strike me as a particularly quality piece of beef.

No dessert followed but we had coffee in very small cups half filled.

The atmosphere was OK but our host wasn't particularly engaging other than being interested in in how we came about finding her restaurant.

The cost at £181 Euros including a bottle of wine seemed on the high side to me.

I spent less in the Park restaurant the following evening and had a much better meal and overall experience.

2  Thank biggeorge40
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm generally picky and I eat out a lot but there was nothing to criticise here!

The restaurant is very pretty with some quirky and original decorative touches. The menu was in French and Flemmish and after a warm greeting we were asked if we needed a translation.

There was a great selection of dishes and it was difficult to choose because everything sounded so yummy! I had the biggest piece of foie gras I have ever seen in a restaurant followed by monkfish. Everything was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked.

I can't remember everything we had to eat and drink but I remember that I was full at the end and that the service was excellent and unhurried.

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening here and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If you eat out only once in Bruges then pick Couvert.

2  Thank Sorellina