“Good food quality and atsmophere”
Review of Pergola Restaurant

Pergola Restaurant
Ranked #277 of 734 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Pergola is a well hidden gem situated along a picturesque stretch of canal. We are specialized in regional cuisine where fish lovers as well as meat lovers find their liking. On sunny days we serve on our terrace overlooking the canal, on typical 'Belgian weather days' we welcome you in our romantic cellar on water level. We can organize to take your aperitif on the boat while touring the city and moor at the venue for an exquisite dinner.
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We haven't booked but arrived there at 6:30pm, so could have a table of two for dinner. We ordered 2 3-course menu, asparagus is really good here for the season. Veal as the starter is a bit too dry. Lamb chop is good here as its main course, but the size is too small... Overall, the dinner set of €35 is reasonable, though some more improvement is still needes.

There are newer reviews for Pergola Restaurant

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I were staying near the restaurant and passed by on our first day in Bruges and thought the menu sounded good. We were not disappointed. We both ordered off the 3 course set menu. The quality and presentation of the food was excellent and the portions were generous including little extras. We could not fault the meal and the evening was a lovely experience.

1  Thank Gill D
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and i visited Pergola for dinner on our recent visit to Bruges. I had researched before i booked and was very impressed with the reviews. However, i found our meal very disappointing.
As a michelin guided restaurant, there was nothing special about any of our courses. The courses were very small, nothing spectacular and much over priced.
Worst of all, a visit to the ladies encountered me smelling of cigararettes for the remainder of the evening.
Not a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very romantic, pretty venue with great food and excellent service. There is a good value offer for 3 courses for 35 Euros. The wine is quite pricey but very good. It wasn't too busy on a Friday night so the ambience was relaxed and intimate. I would suggest asking for one of the bigger 4 person tables even if you are in a couple so you have a bit more space. The resturant downstairs is canal level, although the windows are a little high to be able to appreciate it fully, and there is a lovely garden and conservatory at the entrance - these were closed due to the cold weather, but imagine they are both a wonderful seeting in Spring/Summer, and if we'd been able to experience this as well, I probably would have given a 5 star rating.

1  Thank Elizabeth N
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently visited Bruges as a festive treat! I had been been before and have fantastic memories of amazing food in some cute and quirky restaurants. Restaurant Pergola did not disappoint. The restaurant is not what you expect. We walked into the small conservatory and had a quick look at the menu before being taken to the lift which takes you down to main restaurant with windows overlooking the canal. The ambience is lovely but it was very quiet which was surprising given the level of service and quality of food. We ordered steak which was cooked to perfection and served with frites and salad. We were served a selection of breads and local pate to begin with. There was a good selection of wines starting from €30. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a romantic evening with great food and wine and a beautiful setting.