“Disappointed”
Review of Pergola Restaurant

Pergola Restaurant
Ranked #281 of 744 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Pergola is a well hidden gem situated along a picturesque stretch of canal. We are specialized in regional cuisine where fish lovers as well as meat lovers find their liking. On sunny days we serve on our terrace overlooking the canal, on typical 'Belgian weather days' we welcome you in our romantic cellar on water level. We can organize to take your aperitif on the boat while touring the city and moor at the venue for an exquisite dinner.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My boyfriend and i visited Pergola for dinner on our recent visit to Bruges. I had researched before i booked and was very impressed with the reviews. However, i found our meal very disappointing.
As a michelin guided restaurant, there was nothing special about any of our courses. The courses were very small, nothing spectacular and much over priced.
Worst of all, a visit to the ladies encountered me smelling of cigararettes for the remainder of the evening.
Not a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very romantic, pretty venue with great food and excellent service. There is a good value offer for 3 courses for 35 Euros. The wine is quite pricey but very good. It wasn't too busy on a Friday night so the ambience was relaxed and intimate. I would suggest asking for one of the bigger 4 person tables even if you are in a couple so you have a bit more space. The resturant downstairs is canal level, although the windows are a little high to be able to appreciate it fully, and there is a lovely garden and conservatory at the entrance - these were closed due to the cold weather, but imagine they are both a wonderful seeting in Spring/Summer, and if we'd been able to experience this as well, I probably would have given a 5 star rating.

1  Thank Elizabeth N
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently visited Bruges as a festive treat! I had been been before and have fantastic memories of amazing food in some cute and quirky restaurants. Restaurant Pergola did not disappoint. The restaurant is not what you expect. We walked into the small conservatory and had a quick look at the menu before being taken to the lift which takes you down to main restaurant with windows overlooking the canal. The ambience is lovely but it was very quiet which was surprising given the level of service and quality of food. We ordered steak which was cooked to perfection and served with frites and salad. We were served a selection of breads and local pate to begin with. There was a good selection of wines starting from €30. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a romantic evening with great food and wine and a beautiful setting.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went to Brugge in last October, for vacations and came to know about this place from another tourist over there and gave it a try. This restaurant is situated on a very beautiful location. You might wonder how come such a beauty goes hand in hand with a canal so serenely. Interior is nicely done and staff is friendly and welcoming. We were asked to select drinks from their big wine list, for which they offer us to taste it first and then order. Food was stunning in presentation and delicious in taste. My kids did enjoy the food a lot and kept on talking about it all the time. If I go back to this calm city again, I will sure visit this place.

1  Thank Klaus S
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We went for lunch on Sunday. This restaurant is in the Michelin guide listed as Bib Gourmand and offers also on Sunday a very nice lunch for 35€. the cellar restaurant has a dark interior but very pleasant. Service is friendly and professional. The food is very good. When asking for red wine for the main dish, the waiter proposed a very nice Rioja of 2006 for 30 €.