“worse place ever, poor food, overpriced terrible service! avoid at all cost”
Review of Carillon

Carillon
Reserve with
Carillon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #624 of 744 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Unfortunatly didn't read the review, the place where we wanted to go was all full, nice city with excellent restaurant but there was 11 of us the place was empty (now I know why!!) so we decided to go in.

as per other reviews 6 prawns for 18 euros with only some butter!!

Order was wrong twice, steak order was incorrect, cooked all wrong.
Lamb was soo tough same as the steaks, sauces arrived after everyone finished the meal, instead of a normal steak they brought a rib eye (tough and overcooked), this was after the other 9 already finished the meal.

Before paying the bill when I complained I was told that the waiter was new, hence why the problem, when I mentioned is not only the waiter (which I would have been fine with) but the food was also wrong and not good enough I was told thst we have eaten it now so no discount.
Waiter told me that there is nothing that they could do.

I have suggested that a little discount would have done it but again he said that as we have eaten our food basically!!! tough!!

asked for manager and was told that she is not very nice and would have told me the same!!!!!!

Unreal.

To avoid at all cost!

there is much better places in touwn that deserve my money!

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Ate breakfast here on Sunday 16 February 2014. Only ate here because the first choice neighbouring breakfast and tea room was full.

Place was welcoming enough in appearance, but waiter was eating his own breakfast behind the counter as we entered. We were the first ones seated. Pleasant high-flame fire adjacent to the entrance, which was the final piece of 'welcoming' to be experienced.

Other potential diners came and went without being served, whilst our service was extremely slow, despite ordering a simple breakfast meal of crepe with banana, plus a waffle with Nutella. Drinks, too, of herbal tea, a latte and a hot chocolate.

The original waiter had now handed over to an unfriendly waitress, whose demeanour suggested she'd rather be emptying the bins out back. She placed the waffle before us, minus the Nutella, returning briefly to place two Nutella sachets but only when prompted that the waffle with icing sugar was not true to the order.

The place was busying now, yet service was very slow. Another table of 2, seated but without attention, chose to up and leave.

Bill requested and just short of €25 charged, for what had effectively been a less than enjoyable experience. Waffle clearly pre-made, fresh from packet and warmed through. Crepe / pancake was pleasant enough. Herbal tea at €2.80 for a 3/4 full glass cup of infused hot water was a rip off.

I despise walking away from a restaurant, irrespective of whether it's for breakfast, lunch or dinner, with a feeling of extreme disappointment.

We win some we lose some. With Carrilon, we lost. They won, pocketing almost €25 of our hard earned money for something worth far, far less.

Recommendation is to avoid.

1  Thank Travelswith
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food itself was fine, although the English translation was not accurate... Perhaps my fault for not speaking Dutch. However ridiculously expensive, unfortunately, I hadn't read previous reviews and also got 6 prawns for €19, my husband got a mixed grill consisting of 2 chicken wings and a dodgy piece of beef for €23. Although Bruges is generally expensive, I could have got a far better quality meal for the same price, don't go here.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I won't write a long review because it would only be reiterating what the other reviewers have said. The only difference with my experience was that I let them call the police who couldn't have been more enthused - obviously it is a regular occurrence that they are called to this place. If it was a regular night I wouldn't have been so angry but it was New Years Eve and that 'woman' (which is too kind a term) who stated she has successfully run restaurants for 18 years absolutely ruined my night and indeed my impression of Bruges. Avoid this place like the plague.

1  Thank niamh6426
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We ate here and stupidly had not checked other reviews previous to entering.

Our main problem with this restaurant was that the food was very expensive for the quantity we got (€19 for six prawns in some butter).

There were flies everywhere and spent most of our dinner trying to bat them away which made us question what the kitchen must look like.

A couple behind us then had an issue where the gentleman had been waiting for his food and it had not turned up in the time that his wife and child had ate theirs and was then asked to pay for this meal. Once this man had angrily left with his wife the staff then proceeded to rudely mock the man in front of other customers which was very unprofessional.

There are plenty of other fantastic restaurants in Bruges so would not recommend going here over others, especially when the quality of food and service has been out standing everywhere else we have been.