“Delicious and romantic”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Delicious and romantic”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went to Tom's Diner based on trip advisor reviews and loved it! We walked in on a Friday night and were lucky to get a seat at the bar where we could also eat. We had delicious cocktails, starters and mains and got to watch the chefs make them. The staff were really helpful and talked us over the cocktail menu and about Bruges. We were served really quickly and had a really great time. The atmosphere was really lovely and made for a very romantic first night in Bruges.

I'd recommend the steak which my boyfriend had, it was cooked perfectly and so delicious.

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
“Casual but busy, rustic yet upscale”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would strongly suggest that you make reservations as Tom's Diner is clearly a popular place and, even in the middle of the week, the place was packed. Our waiter was extremely busy but we never had to wait overly long for service. You know you have a good waiter when he seeks eye contact with his customer (me) across a crowded room and then delivers a 2nd glass of wine based upon my gesture. My wife had the vegetarian option and I had Tom's special pasta dish. Both were generous portions and quite delicious. I enjoyed the casual atmosphere of Tom's and, despite how busy the place was, it was still quiet enough that my wife and I could carry a conversation without raising our voices. A good music selection, engaging if you wanted it to be but not so loud as to dominate.

• Visited August 2013
California
“Good Food, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate here with our two year old in tow after a long day of walking around in the heat. It's a little bit off the beaten path but worth the walk. The food was pretty good, we had the quesadilla and the scampi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We booked ahead but it wasn't very busy on the Thursday night that we were there so we probably could have gotten away without booking. It's a bit pricy for the amount of food that you get but we weren't starving by any means when we left.

• Visited August 2013
London, UK
“Off the beaten track”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hidden away from the main tourist restaurants around the main square in West Gistelhof (5/6 mins walk) is Tom's Diner. Here you will find Bruggian's enjoying a lovely meal in a restaurant which serves local specialities, a small but varied selection (I highly recommend Tom's Pasta and their homemade Meatloaf) The staff are young and efficient (if I remember correctly a brother/sister team running it) You may need to book which you can do on-line or by phone. I've eaten there on many occasions and never been disappointed!

Visited October 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Small, friendly restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very friendly staff. Food was very good. You need to book this restaurant as it gets full very quickly.

Visited July 2013