“great food, thoroughly enjoyable meal”
Review of Poules Moules

Poules Moules
Ranked #70 of 756 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We visited this restaurant on Friday night. Having hunted half way round town to find a restaurant that actually took cards, we came across this place. It was very busy and having made our order we were then provided with olives and bread which made me think we were going to have a bit of a wait on our hands for the food. However not so! We had barely started on these when our meals came. I had the Flemish stew and my husband had the mussels and the food was great. The staff were friendly and attentive. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening and would happily return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Ripoff
No other way to describe the experience.
Beware!!
Fish/lobster soup €11.75 it was a mere bowl of water -no lobster no fish!
Moules-plain! Cooked without making an effort.
When complained...the waiter was too busy with the blond girl seating on another table and was rood beyond belief.
The manager could not care less.
Overall they can do the talk but not the walk.

Overrated food unhappy customers bad food expensive tourist trap!!

2  Thank Eytang
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We liked the restaurant, not big, but set in a historical old house, the waitresses were really nice, helpful and friendly and the mussels were beautifully cooked, not cheap, but we had a nice lunch here before we left Bruges :)

Reviewed November 2, 2013

As anyone who has read any of my other reviews of restaurants will know, I try to remain objective always SO what may be 'average' for me could be 'very good' for someone else - it all depends on expectations. In this case, the differentiator was around the service levels (including waiters just wandering off to deal with something else mid order which is a little disconcerting!) and the food choice for children. Actually, on the menu, there is no choice! We had to do a little persuasion around letting the children have a smaller portion of mussels as this is what they wanted. Once that was sorted, generally good experience, nicer than the spots in the main squares, but not a patch on the restaurant next door which was just lovely......

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner one evening as I hadn't yet had the obligatory moules frites in Bruges. The restaurant is on a small busy square, so we expected the prices to be a little high, and they were. We went fairly early at around 6pm, and it was already very busy. We were sat on the first floor between the very narrow staircase and the food lift - this may annoy some people as the buzzing of food arriving and the rushing up and down stairs of the waiters was very frequent. The tables in a quieter area of the restaurant had all been reserved, and the place got much busier towards 8pm, so I would recommend making a reservation to make sure you get a nicer place to sit! I had mussels in white wine, and my husband had chicken. You get a huge portion of mussels, however the chicken looked a little sad and was definitely not good value. However the food was delicious, and the mussels in particular we're excellent - although not excellent value, they were around the same price as I have seen advertised everywhere else in Bruges. The staff were friendly and helpful, although after our main course we were ignored for a while and it was quite an effort to get someone's attention. We both had pie for dessert (I had apple, my husband had cherry) - both were nice but not amazing, although the portions were a good size. Overall, we did enjoy our meal and there wasn't anything wrong with it, but compared to some of our other experiences in Bruges, it just wasn't as good. A nice enough place to go for mussels, nothing special, but in a convenient location