“Good, wholesome Belgian food”
Review of Oud Brugge

Oud Brugge
Ranked #329 of 796 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2018

Two of my friends and I had lunch at this restaurant. It was definitely a good choice. Price was reasonable and the food was tasty and liked by all around. I had the sole meuniere which was quite simply delicious. I would certainly recommend this place. And the good news it that it's not touristic like so many places in that part of town.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Called in for a drink and snack after our walk up and Finn the Belfort tower. Lovely atmosphere and friendly staff.

Between us as tried waffles, ice cream and the local javanais. All very nicely presented and tasty. Prices not bad either considering proximity to city centre.

Would recommend for afternoon tea. They also do meals which I would also expect to be good based on our experience.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed September 16, 2017

My son and I popped in for lunch.
Good menu choice, polite service, relaxed ambience/ decor.
Food was tasty and unpretentious....and fairly priced (unlike many of the other local establishments)
I would definitely return here.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant on the 5 occasions we have been to Bruges. Although I have had a steak once , which a was excellent both my wife and I cannot miss having the Flemish stew, which is to die for . The couple who own it are very pleasant and have time for a chat. It is situated in cobbled street off the Markt which is the main square.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2017

We sat in a small area in the square served by Oud Brugge. We waited a very long time after ordering for two salads too arrive. The greek salad arrived 5-10 minutes before the mixed grill salad. The adjacent table had the same problem with one dish arriving well before the other. We had a difficult time getting the attention of a waiter. Neither one seemed attentive to anyone sitting at their tables in the square. We had to wait until our meals arrived to order more water and a second glass of wine. The salads were good but the wait was excessive. Before leaving my wife went into the restaurant to use the rest room. One of the waiters ran in after her and asked what she was doing. She said she was going to use the rest room and he said sorry you have to go outside with the general public. She said I have been here for almost an hour and a half for lunch and I am using the rest room. It is an illustration of how little they knew of their customers (and she was wearing a straw hat the entire time!). That was ridiculous. She was hardly coming in off the street!
While our service was slow the bistro sharing the square had waiters checking on customers and turning over tables. We could have switched halfway through our wait, ordered there and have left at the same time.

Date of visit: May 2017