“Wonderful experiance”
Review of Kardinaalshof - CLOSED

Kardinaalshof
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The elegance of the dining room is just the location for fine cuisine that swings between tradition and inventiveness.The combinations are inspiring and always in harmony with the seasons. Kardinaalshof is where you will love to be spoiled.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had a wonderful meal here whilst staying in Bruges. It is a set fixed menu and not cheap by any means, it is however great for a special meal or occasion.

We went for the full 6 course with wine. The food was divine. Though I wasn't that keen on the 'November' fish based menu I was converted by the amazing talents of the chef.
I'm not a wine drinker but was somewhat converted. The wines were excellent and free flowing. After mentioning my thoughts on a particular wine I was simply left the bottle to finish to myself!
The service was great. Only two front of house staff that I was aware of, one food, one wine.
I think the night we went there were only three tables and the doors were locked by 8pm. It seems very much a private dining event.

Highly reccomended!

There are newer reviews for Kardinaalshof

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having researched our options, of which there are many in Bruges, we opted for this restaurant. This was our 30th wedding anniversary, so we wanted something special. This did not disappoint at all. We booked ahead online, and once there chose the six course taster menu with wine. I can't recommend this enough for a special occasion, absolutely stunning. The meal is set and the wine chosen for you. FAB!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have eaten in many "top end" restaurants and am generally disappointed, either the food is over foamed and really rich or the service is condescending, this was neither. The food was absolutely delicious and the waiter was brilliant, chatty, funny & professional. We ate here on the Saturday night and then returned on the Monday lunchtime it was so good. I would recommend the wine pairing also

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Ate here on our first night in Bruge. Service was faultless, we chose the wine pairing option and the wine flows freely thanks to our great host. Food was interesting and well presented.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent a long weekend in Bruges and had read extensive restaurant reviews and menus before picking where we would eat. Kardinaalshof stood out as it had a really interesting sounding menu as well as excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, a winning combination for us.

The setting is intimate, we had our own little area in the restaurant which was perfect for a romantic meal with a partner. There is just one set menu of which you can have 4 or 6 courses which keeps things simple. There were some really unique dishes such as lobster tartar and feta with crustacean jelly and white chocolate bavarois with curry, rice crispies and Matcha tea. They may sound a bit wacky but they all worked really well. Flavours were perfectly balanced and every dish looked and tasted amazing. There were some impressive displays of cooking techniques all the way through the meal but style never outdid substance.

There is an excellent wine pairing available with each set menu. It was really good value, I was served three different wines over my six courses and all three were very good and complimented the food perfectly. The semi sweet was so good I had to write down the name of it for future reference. The waiter was also very generous with the wine, he made sure my glass was topped up throughout the meal. I had already had a few beers before dinner so by the time we left the restaurant I was extremely merry. if you look at how much you would pay ordering wine of that quality by the glass it makes it very reasonable.

I should also mention the service, it was top level; friendly, attentive but not intrusive. The perfect balance.

I would put this meal up there with the best I have eaten and I have been to some of the best restaurants in London so that is high praise. It was not a cheap meal but for the quality of food it was good value and when you take into account the price of wine along with the excellent service and the venue it is well worth the money.

I had the 6 course menu and my girlfriend had the 4, I also had the wine pairing. I think the total bill came to around 170E including a tip. Not cheap but well worth the money. If you are visiting Belgium on holiday and only go to one top restaurant, make it Kardinaalshof.