“Just fabulous!”
Review of Kardinaalshof - CLOSED

Kardinaalshof
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The elegance of the dining room is just the location for fine cuisine that swings between tradition and inventiveness.The combinations are inspiring and always in harmony with the seasons. Kardinaalshof is where you will love to be spoiled.
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We selected this restaurant because of all the TripAdvisor reviews and it did not disappoint. This was easily the best meal we had in Brugges. The restaurant is slightly difficult to find because there was construction going on in the front. I passed by it the first time I was looking for the address. The service was excellent. The restaurant is not big so the staff was extremely attentive and friendly. I was treated like a royal guest, they were eager to please. The food was simply AMAZING!!!!! Each dish was not only presented to perfection, it tasted incredible! The price is certainly not cheap, but worth every bit. If you go and are ready to spend the money for a nice dinner, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Out of all of the restaurants we ate at in Bruges this was the best. The food is extremely good with some interesting combinations that when you read them frankly don't sound as though they should work but work they do. Add in the service which is just how I like it in that they are attentive without being intrusive.

Now obviously this comes at a price but it's well worth a visit and if we are in Bruges again we will certainly go back.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had searched the internet for a fine dining experience before we visited Bruges, in order to celebrate my partners 50th birthday. I am so glad we chose this restaurant!! The booking was arranged by email before we left home, and the table reserved. We chose the 6 course menu with selected wines. It was awesome!!

The food was just 'out of this world' with a fabulous mixture of tastes and textures in every course, which were explained to us at every course. We loved being made to feel so special, with very attentive staff, who did not disturb us as we ate. The restaurant is small, but each table has plenty of room around it.

We finished the meal with more drinks, my partner requested a good single malt whisky - and was given the largest whisky I have seen! This made him very happy - as did the box of handmade chocolates given to him by the restaurant to celebrate his birthday! It said Happy 50th birthday on it, and were enjoyed by us both the next day. Book a table, you will not regret it, we didn't!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We booked the Kardinaalshof over the internet after researching Trip Advisor reviews. It definitely lived up to reputation. The food, wine, service and atmosphere was perfect - it was more than a meal , it was a dining experience. We had the four course set menu - which turned out to be 5 courses with the amuse bouche prior to the entree. The delightful patron took time to inform us of the make up of the dishes and did not make us feel like foodie heathens for asking . I asked whether the couscous on my main dish could be substituted with a gluten - free alternative and was not made to feel troublesome (no prior notification for the chef) and my sole came on a risotto which was amazing, despite the restaurant being full . The piece de resistance was the espresso coffee my husband ordered to finish , which came with truffles, mini - madeleines and speculoos - all home-made, enough for both of us! When we return to Bruges we will undoubtedly make the Kardinaalshof a port of call.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice restaurant in the center of Bruge. You must make reservations, for it's most of the time sold out. We had the best fine food one can imagine. The owner is everyone's personal waiter in the restaurant and he does his job very good and he really loves it, and that shows!
Be prepared when you show up at the restaurant: sometimes you have to wait one minute before the door opens, that's just a personal safety solutions the owner makes for his clients inside...