“Avoid. So much better in Bruges. ”

Hotel-Restaurant Central / Sirene D'Or
Ranked #626 of 756 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Really disappointing first meal in Bruges. We fancied Italian so picked this place. The waiter didn't even bother coming to the door to greet us, instead we had to walk the length of the restaurant to ask for a table. We spoke in English and for some reason the waiter insisted in speaking to us in A foreign language. (Not sure which. It wasn't French anyway) and we had to keep asking what he was saying. He was then able to repeat in English. I don't know if he resented serving tourists but it seems an odd place to work if you are not prepared to speak English to English speaking customers!

Anyway. I ordered spaghetti carbonara and my husband the 4 cheese ravioli. When they arrived mine was fine. My husbands' however was cold in the middle. We sent it back. No apology and while they made him a new one I had to eat alone.

Although the food was OK it was ruined by the poor attitude. Nothing was deducted from the bill for the hassle. When my husband asked for a beer the server suggested he try a local beer. He didn't tell us it was nearly €10!

Overall, over priced and sooooo not worth it. Stay off the square and get much better value and service.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

There are plenty good restaurants in Bruges. This isn't one off them. Surly waiter to whom you are little more than an inconvenience.
Had an overpriced pizza that amounted to a preprepared base with the relevant ingredients thrown on top and heated till it looked reasonably presentable and served.
I had been told in the past that most of the restaurants in the square are only fit for serving coffee during the day. Why did I not heed the advice? Strongly suggest that you look slightly farther afield for a good meal.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

On our first night in Bruges we went exploring and found this restaurant on the market square. It was not very busy and the waiters were often wandering around. We had Moules and frittes with a few beers. Very filling and a good start to our holiday.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel: Location is awesome! Room is affordable, clean/comfortable and average in size.
Restaurant: pricey for average food.

1  Thank botbotTB
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had lunch here and was shocked at our bill once we'd eaten. We had 1 cheese toasty, 1 cheese and ham baguette and 1 fries to share. Plus 2 cokes. The food (after calculating up on the menu beforehand) came to around 25 Euros. Our bill came to 37 Euros because a coke was 6 Euro each!!!! The food was basic, 3 slices of bread and some rubber cheese for 9 Euro, Looked nice but no taste. The price of a coke was shocking! I had 30 Euro in my hand to settle up the bill and was socked to see it at 37 Euro!! Complete rip off! Probably our mistake for settling for the first place we seen and decided to eat there.