“Excellent”

Gruuthuse Hof
Ranked #25 of 713 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We provide price quality food in the centre of a beautiful town . We try to find the balance between locals and tourist. Local Belgian food in a local trendy setting.
Southampton, UK
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I don't know why I've not eaten here before because it's a very, very good place to eat. My friends and I had lunch there today. I had the fish stew and they had the Flemmish beef stew. We all thought our choices were excellent both in terms of taste and value. The restaurant is really quite small so the service was attentive without being fussy or overbearing. I'd definitely come back the next time I'm in Bruges.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“affordable and friendly”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Really enjoyed our meal here. It's definitely possible to hit and miss in Bruges, but can honestly say the two restaurants we chose based on trip advisor lived up to our expectations. Stuck to the tourist menu, and had tasty soup, a great steak (unfortunately they were out of the roqefort sauce, but that was only slightly dismaying) and a little icecream for dessert, all for 15.95. Lovely atmosphere and great ambience.

1 Thank marionjd
west yorks
“The Best Little Restaurant in Bruges”
Reviewed April 28, 2010

This little restaurant is a gem. At the base of the Church of Our Lady, it is easy to find. The main menu is extensive but we stuck to the tourist menu, it was limited but seemed good value at 14.95 Euro for 3 courses. The starter was the most delicious soup, mains, a choice of steak, salmon, ½ chicken or pork chop, followed by ice cream or profiteroles. The steak was so tasty and cooked to perfection, it was served with salad and the obligatory huge bowl of chips. My partner had the mussels at our last meal there and he was in heaven! The house wine is palatable and there is a small range of Belgian Beers.

The restaurant is small and nicely decorated. I think it seats about 30 but it is so popular that if you don’t book or get in before 7ish then you can’t get a table. The two waiters were wonderful, welcoming and friendly but in a discrete and low key way. It had the atmosphere of a much more expensive restaurant. We ate there three times during our 5 day stay. We think this is the best restaurant in Bruges and were so disappointed to find out they close on Wednesday and Thursday, although whether this includes during Summer I don’t know ( we were there just after Easter) We cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Don’t forget to book!

1 Thank callisto1275
London
“Kicking myself !”
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We have visited Bruges on a few occasions and for some reason always seemed to eat at the 2 restuarants nearby - which are also ok, but not so good .

Last trip we had dinner at the Gruuthuse Hof - a fab restaurant that you should visit . Good food , nice wine , very comfortable , staff are also very good.
I have just booked again for this weekend - kicking myself for missing it before !

Falkirk, Scotland
“Good food, well presented, not too expensive.”
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Visited in March 2010, ate their on 2 occasions. The food was great and service excellent, in a cosy small restaurant. Good ambience.

1 Thank Mcinlb