“Great food and service with a local Bruges feel”
Review of Bistro Du Phare

Bistro Du Phare
Ranked #306 of 716 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service with a local Bruges feel”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was in Bruges for the weekend with my wife and children (12 and 10) and my hotel recommended this restaurant for Saturday dinner. The restaurant accommodated our request for a table at short notice, even though clearly very busy. The food was plentiful and delicious, with a reasonable choice for adults and children. Service was excellent - really helpful staff who had no problem dealing with our lack of Flemish! Diverse mix of diners - families young and old, couples, groups of adults.

• Visited December 2013

Bruges, Belgium
“Arrogant Service”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I put an average and not a poor because my kangaroo meat was really good, but the service is really arrogant, even by Bruges standard (and the standard is not good!!!).
You feel like the waiters have been educated for 5 stars hotel and are upset to work in this place, and as a result, they treat customers as if they were bothering them in their work...

One of their advantage in Bruges is that it is serving late.

• Visited October 2013
Darcey France
“Possibly could be nice! Nice building inside and pleasant terrace”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just a café stop for us, and a misunderstanding over what is a "Macchiato". The white fluffy coffee served tasted of water so we asked for a change. We had to pay for this, and the service was not gracious. Waiter when taking our money said "You're not in Italy now"!! and then turned to the waitress and said "See what I have to put up with"... However it has a nice terrace overlooking one of the canals and you may be luckier!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Charlotte-Mhairi
Paris, France
“Fair fare at the Du Phare”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Open to serve food late in Bruges ('til 24:00) - one a few, get there quick!

Friendly place, plenty of space and the food is good. I had Thai Red Chicken and my wife had a lasagne. Neither seemed to me to have been frozen and reheated contrary to an earlier review as the freshness of the ingredients as well as the presentation of the food had a freshly-made look about them.

A bottle of decent French red wine topped off the meal.

The price including wine was around €50 which given the quality we felt was about right. They take dogs inside as well although the mid-evening was warm enough when complemented by outdoor heating to sit outside which we did.

All in all a decent place to eat and while away an evening.

• Visited September 2013
“Real let down”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Husband had sole. It was good. I had mixed salad--okay. I also ordered the hot tapas--a plate of dark brown pieces of ?sausage, cheese croquets, shrimp something--never mind, all in edible. I asked waitress about it and she said, "we'll that is frozen stuff from the supermarket and we deepfry it--what do you expect?" Oh and they charged me for it. Left it on the plate. Gross. Flippant, I'm in a hurry staff.

• Visited September 2013