“Simple fare cooked beautifully”
Review of In't Nieuw Museum

In't Nieuw Museum
Reserve with
In't Nieuw Museum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Eight of us descended on this little restaurant in a backwater of Bruges on a Sunday evening. I'm glad we booked because it was full. The restaurant's menu revolves around fabulous steaks cooked over a fire so this is not really one to take your veggie friends to although there are a couple of veggie options on the menu. Our steak was utterly delectable and the accompanying sauces were excellent although I must confess that I have no clue why they've taken sauce bearnaise off the menu (they did provide it on request though).

There was a good range of Belgian beers and the wine was apparently very good; there was a small but perfectly adequate choice of puddings and our lovely waitress was completely unphased by my other half asking whether he could have a starter for his pudding. He chose snails in garlic butter, which smelled fabulous!

This was our second trip to this restaurant, the first being about three years ago.mit was just as good as we remembered it.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We just had a dinner , and it was not like i am used to have it in this place! The service was slow and not so professional .. My rib-eye was rear grilled, i asked for medium! The quality was average...not the best..time to take a restart!!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our guesthouse recommended to us this restaurant and we weren't disappointed. The food was really tasty, simple bbq cooking but so delicious. We had spear ribs , steak and prawns everything from grill with tasty potatoes and salad and the best Belgian beer :) If you looking for "home like" food , simple and delicious I would definitely recommended this restaurant! You wont be disappointed!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We read the recommendations for this restaurant, it was close to our hotel, so we went there at about 6 o" clock in the afternoon.The owner told us ,it was too early,so we booked a table for 7 o clock When we retuned at 7, even though the whole room was empty (only 2 tables were occupied), they told us to sit in a room at the back ,that was very inappropriate. There were three tables in a mess. We asked the man who was cooking, to sit in the main room, but he answered inpolitely:"if you like, sit there, otherwise......So we left. Maybe they dont need more clients!!

1  Thank litsa92
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I am not a big fan of Brugge. I live in Amsterdam, visit smaller towns around Netherlands quite often. Brugge, to be honest, doesn't make that much impression on me after seeing so many other similar places.

This restaurant did though. This was one of the best steaks I have ever had in my life - and I had many. Thick, with great sides. A variety offered as well. A bit pricey - but well worth it.

The place is always busy, so make sure you have reservations (or time to wait for the table).