“Worth a visit”
Review of In't Nieuw Museum

In't Nieuw Museum
Reserve with
In't Nieuw Museum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 716 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Bruges, Belgium
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It's a little of the beaten path for the average tourist but it's worth the extra walk. It's a nice place to sit and have a drink, fun and quirky but also homely, like the bars of old. You can just imagine that very little has changed in this bar since it first opened it's doors.
The food is good, very good actually, especially good value in Brugge (not known as a city where it's cheap to eat).

• Visited October 2011

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
nyc
“Nice and cozy”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

very very popular place so there is a bit of a wait. Kind of off the beaten place in a neighborhood. Almost all the food is grilled right in the wood fire oven in the dining room. Ribs were highly recommended but I do not recommened. They had a dry rub and they are not cooked low and slow like I am used to and the meat fall off the bone. You need good teeth to pull the meat off. very tasty but not what I expected. there are plenty of other types of meats to choose from. Owner operated and all are so so fun and nice. Worth the trip and have a few beers while you wait.

Visited August 2012
Wurzburg, Germany
“Amazing atmosphere !”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Great atmosphere! Great food, really big plates and tasty. The owner was very kind. Highly recommended! Soon I will try to be again there! Value for money!

• Visited October 2011
oklahoma city
“Overcooked all around”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had the mixed grill: small pieces of chicken, steak, mini t-bone, pork, and sausage. Every single one of them was overcooked. The worst part was that I ordered the steak medium rare. The steak came out medium well. I actually got almost physically tired from trying to cut through all the pieces of meat because they were so dry and tough. Maybe it was a dull knife too, but still. I will say, however, that the steak at the table next to me looked rare. So I'm sure it's possible to get a properly cooked steak there. That just wasn't the case with mine.

It came with a big bowl of fries and 3 different dipping sauces. That was good. But that hardly makes up for the rest of the meal.

On the bright side, the atmosphere was really nice. I didn't have a reservation, and I still got a table at 7:30 on a Friday when every other restaurant is usually booked solid. It was unique to see the cook (yes, the 1 cook) preparing the meats on the grill. But unfortunately, that means that I got to see how busy he was, and he didn't look busy enough to forget about taking my meat off the grill before overcooking.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank redningja
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food and relaxing atmosphere.... but you wouldn't want to be in a rush!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The food was great, I got a goats cheese salad and a steak. My mom got the ribs which seem to be their speciality, they were served with gratin potatoes and some really unusual sauces. Neither of us had room for desert but we got what is called a Cafe Deluxe which is a little chocolate moose and an pot of "Avocate(?)' this alcoholic custard and it was absolutely delicious.

We saw online that it's not a place to go if you want quick service so we did bear this in mind. We waited for quite some time for our drinks and starters. I was going to let this deduct from my rating but to be honest I don't really think it took from the experience. The service was charming and the whole place has an air of fun about it. So if you aren't in a rush this place is most certainly worth a visit!

• Visited August 2012