“Great Bed & Breakfast”

and 1 more site!
Guesthouse 't oud Gemeentehuis Poelkapelle
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Myself and my cousin have just spent 5 days at this bed and breakfast. We had excellent hosts who were very friendly and helpful. The accommodation was first class and very clean. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of choice. We had a packed lunch one day which was good. Overall a great choice for visiting the world war 1 battlefields and cemeteries, excellent hosts and great accommodation. Highly recommended, 5 stars. Keith Holderness.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Guesthouse 't oud Gemeentehuis Poelkapelle

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This hotel is conveniently placed about 15 mins outside of Ypres and has parking directly outside but also there is a car park just across the road. The rooms are a good size with all amenities expected from a foreign hotel and the bathroom was the biggest I have seen at any hotel. The owners were very friendly, with Stijn having a half hour game of table tennis with me which was very pleasant.

The breakfast was the best that I have ever had at a hotel anywhere. There was a large variety of different pastries which were all freshly made (they were piping hot when we came down for brekkie), there was cake and cereals and selection of juices all of which were lovely. I would come back to this hotel purely for the breakfast

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms, beautiful area, fab service. Wow.

Breakfast was lovely, check in and out was great the kids were amazed at the roll top bath I couldn't get them out!

Overall we all enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I would like to say that I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Very warm and helping innkeepers. Nice, comfortable, clean and spacious rooms I can recommend. I hope I'll visit this place soon. All the best

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Everything in my previous review of this fabulous B&B is still as good but Stijn and Nele just get better! They really could not be more helpful. Nothing more to say other than I have already booked for my next stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Wildunwoolley
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stijn and Nele provided a wonderful warm welcome to a couple of overheated bikers. A cooling beer and welcome, tasty snack were just what we needed (they have a cafe too, open all days except Tuesdays). The place is a sympathetically modernised former town hall and the bikes could be securely locked up at night.
Poelkapelle is worth a walk round to see the, inevitable but worthwhile, mementoes to WW1, not least the impressive Guynemer memorial; a French air ace. Very handy for Ieper (Ypres), Passchendaele and other memorial sites.
Stijn and Nele provide a lovely, varied breakfast each day and even found time to show us a couple of bars.
Cannot recommend highly enough

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stijn and Nele went the extra mile for me, even providing me with a last minute taxi service - highly recommended B&B. The friendly and 'can do' attitude was a blessing for an old, tired, wet biker - breakfast was pleasant and ample, the room was modern, clean and tidy, the bathroom the same. Overall, I would happily return, this time with my wife and car!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo