“Quirky and Quick”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was looking for a quick bite to eat late at night and stumbled upon De Werf, it seemed popular and they had many seats outside overlooking a small park. I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich for myself. I initially was very surprised when the worker brought it over inside of a tupperware container. I looked around and I seemed to be the only one with this container -- though everyone I noticed seemed to have a variety of fun different plates.... so maybe this was just part of this quirky restaurant. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the sandwich though, it was HUGE and very reasonably priced. Also, it was very tasty.

If you're looking for a quick bite to eat with good atmosphere... I'd recommend.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I was invited to the place by my friend and we almost miss the last free table. But it was our day so...
The meal was amazingly cooked and quite quickly served. I enjoyed my vegetarian options a lot and also the smells from all the tables around were teasing incredibly. What i liked the most is the attentiveness of the waiters. The nice bearded smiling man was really helpful with my food preferences and picked up the best option i could possibly get (he mixed a few dishes in one and excluded meat from everywhere). I was greatly surprise that this is possible and the new combination of food i had got fascinated me.
So i recommend this place for anyone who likes quick and delicious meal, who is not afraid of the crowd around and who likes the unique atmosphere of the place. Thanks for the experience!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Recently had lunch here and I much regret it. The (male) owner of the restaurant was rude, disrespectful and extremely unprofessional. I am not planning on visiting this place ever again and will spread the word.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank tomuzleuven
Reviewed March 4, 2019

This is a busy place, frequented by many university students. Diverse menu with budget dishes. Cash only.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2019

De werf never disappoints!
Original way of serving their food and drinks. Cosy and always changing decor.
My favourites are the hot chocolates and pastas but actually you have to try everything.

Date of visit: August 2018