“Culinary Art in Wonderful Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Improvisio

Improvisio
Ranked #111 of 410 Restaurants in Leuven
Cuisines: Belgian, French, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Culinary Art in Wonderful Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is a bit hard to find, but worth the search. It is in a lovely old white building, set inside a quiet courtyard off Brusselstraat.

The food was reasonably priced and elegantly prepared. The way they mixed unusual tastes together in their suggestion menu was perfect for me.

For dinner on the weekend, make reservations or call ahead. It is easier to walk in for lunch if you can't plan ahead.

Visited May 2013

London UK
“Well prepared, beautifully presented, quality ingredients and imagination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went as a group for a work related dinner. In general, we were all impressed at the decor, which was dark and stylish without being stuffy. I had the set menu. It was a little disappointing that there was no non-meat alternative to the amuse bouche (which wasn't specified on the menu), but I can get over that. To start I had salmon with cucumber, salmon eggs and algae. I hadn't anticipated the beautiful presentation or indeed the wonderful mix of flavours. A great start. My main was bream with quinoa and tomato, really delicately flavoured, extremely fresh fish, again plated in a very pleasing way. Dessert was pina colada of marshmallow, coconut and pineapple. This hadn't really appealed to me but I preferred it to the other option on the menu, but I was so wrong, it was just exquisite. The service was well paced and discreet, and the waiter was was able to answer the questions i had about the menu. Glasses were never empty long. As we were a big group I saw that all meals were well presented and everybody (an international group of 18 or so) was very pleased with their meal. Definitely worth a visit if you want a

• Visited March 2013
Pilsen, Czech Republic
“very nice restaurant and food was delicious:-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I would probably rank this restaurant in Leuven as one of the best I have ever visited. We went there for business dinner and everything was perfect. The location is superb, waiters were helpful, they gave high-quality explanation about the food they served. I would recommend this place for gourmets. It can be also nice place for romantic dinner for two.

• Visited March 2013
Uccle, Belgium
“Nice restaurant, good location but average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a nice restaurant in a old building located close to the center of Leuven. I had dinner there with two colleagues and we all took the steak "Blanc Bleu belge" at €21.5. For this price I would have expected the steak to be tender and tasty. It was the opposite. The mushroom sauce provided with it was basic and parsimonious. They brought additional french fries when we had almost finished eating. The waiter had recommended the house wine - Saint Emillion (was a surpise for a house wine) - which when served was a Bergerac. What a lack of wine knowledge.......

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ANDRE D
Leuven, Belgium
“Excellent food in very nice location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

When I heard that former chef of Glou Glou is now cooking in the Improvisio, I decided to take 5 colleagues (included my boss, and my bosses boss) there for dinner. This was an international party and people were very hungry arriving.

It was a quiet tuesday night and service was fast and friendly, also in English for my international colleagues.

Most of us ordered the scallops as a starter and they were really excellent: perfectly tender, accompanied by really tasty sauce and light puree. In the decoration I immediately recognized the hand of the chef who can turn 'brasserie' kitchen into little gems.

For the main, most of us had steak, served with handcut fries. All steaks had the perfect 'cuisson' as ordered and the sauces and hand cut fries were very tasty. One person ordered the risotto, apparently one of the chef's specialties, and was very impressed.

My colleagues were very enthusiast and so was I. This is an excellent restaurant in a very nice setting in Leuven.

• Visited March 2012