“we never received anything...”
Review of Kalypta

Kalypta
Ranked #171 of 442 Restaurants in Leuven
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Trip Around The World" This is the restaurant with the largest variety of dishes you can find in the Leuven area. You can taste specials from 10 different countries. Sunny terrace, right in the middle of Leuven, near to the tourist attractions.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I went in, we were seated and after that... we waited, waited, waited..., watching people that came in after us to be served...
We waited, but never received a menu, no drinks, no food.
Our signs, were completely ignored.
After half an hour, we decided to go out to find a place to eat... A waiter ran after us... because we didn't pay!
Don't know if the food is good or bad in this place, but he service is definitely below zero.

4  Thank travelrosi

Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you fancy world kitchen especially Paella and Zarzuela don't hesitate. I go to this palce quite often and I've never been disapointed, I love good food, normal I'm french, this place added to the food served there makes you travel in Spain for few hours. I would recommed Spanish food there, I think this is the speciality! enjoy!

1  Thank Bnell
Reviewed August 15, 2012

mediocre food, slow service.

I am always very suspect of a menu that features 100 dishes from all corners of the world, and the taste confirmed it.

1  Thank WillemvL
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been there a few times and the food was always tasty and well presented, although it's far too expensive for its quality. And the service is very bad, as the waiters are unfriendly and don't pay any attention to the costumer and everything is very slow.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I'm sure the restaurant would describe itself as world kitchen of tapas bar but it doesn't meet up to the standards. Many ingredients came out of the freezer and lots of dishes were deepfried. Some of the plates were broken.

They had some cool ideas, mixing several mediterranean ingredients on a plate but they managed to screw it up. A pity.

1  Thank TomHarding