“Good typical restaurant”

Ranked #17 of 425 Restaurants in Leuven
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice place where to spend an evening with friends! Not only dining but even for a beer!! Excellent stoffles, typical meat dish cook with their own beer!

There are newer reviews for Domus

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went here several times before but usually I just have a drink or a salad. This time I decided to have a lunch, together with a friend whom I hadn't seen in months. We had a fun day untill we unfortunately decided to have a quick lunch here. First they messed up my friends order (a very simple croque monsieur, how can you mess that up?) so she had to wait half an hour (!!!) longer then me... but wait, it gets worse! I got my food, (shrimp and Cheese croquettes) , the shrimp croquette was almost cold inside, while the cheese croquette was all burned, and I mean, burned so much that it was like charcoal, the cheese inside was a darkish grey color and it tasted terrible (yes I tasted because I was afraid to say something at first but the taste was so bad, I decided to say something anyway, the taste was stuffy btw so I think it was maybe more than just burned, it's hard to say)! And the worst thing was that they tried to hide it by sprinkling a load of grated cheese over it!

While my friend was still waiting for her order I asked the waiter to please bring me a non-burned cheese croquet because... (he just took my plate in the middle of my sentence without saying a word). Then later he came back, saying that the croquette was fine and that it was me... and if he could bring me something else because all of their croquettes were like this and that if I didn't like this one, I probably wouldn't like the others... (I like cheese croquettes, A LOT, I eat them all the time in different restaurants, snackplaces, at home and I know what it should taste like, not like a stuffy piece of charcoal and it should not have a grey/black color) I was so offended I said I didn't want anything else... Later my friend got her croque, she ate, we left, end of a horrible tale... (at least they didn't charge my horrible meal)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Returned here after visiting last year. More a place to go for a midday snack than an evening out. Good range of beers - including their own very good brews. Food is unspectacular, but hearty and well priced. Staff seem a bit pompous (we noticed this before)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have been a few times now in the last couple of months. A great pub atmosphere with an amazing selection of Belgian beer including their own brewed on the premises!
Food is good value for money (for Belgian prices). We have enjoyed the lasagne, the fillet steak and recently the local beef stew cooked in beer with chips.
Finish that off with a great cup of coffee with extra cream and an apple strudel and your good to go. Enjoy.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I come here several times a year, always delicious food, large portions and fast service. The cozy atmosphere is definitely a plus.