“Good food sometimes a bit loud”
Review of De Klimop

De Klimop
Ranked #96 of 503 Restaurants in Leuven
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2019

This restaurant is just opposite the train station of Leuven. It is not very big but there are lots of tables. When full there is lot of noise inside . The service and food are good and prices are average.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 13, 2019

I detect a degree of trolling going on here. This is one of the classier restaurants on the station square with nicely laid tables, efficient service and fairy good food. The fish soup was a little heavy on the salmon unlike the real North Sea fish soup from Oostend but there was a lot of it. Yes, it is slightly more expensive than other places in the square but it is a restaurant and not a bar which does food. We loved Leuven and will return.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Normally a tired business traveller can stumble into one of the restaurants across from the train station and expect a decent dinner. Not here. I waited a half hour for my lamb chops to show up (with some stale bread to gnaw on), and when they finally arrived they were overcooked, extremely tough, tasteless. I sawed away at a few and gave up. I should not have paid for them, and will never go back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Oh, come to Klimop to see. These were the worst mosselen witte wijn I have ever eaten! And I eat a lot of mussels in Belgium.
It was my favourite brasserie In the past. But I am so disappointed with the dinner last night! Flat taste, mussels felt like rubber, soup they were in was like water from toilet. I don’t think the cook added any wine to the pot.
I will never go there again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

We called in without booking as this restaurant is close to our hotel and we had had a long day. We were looking for good food and quick service and this is exactly what we got. Some of the English translations were difficult to understand , but my bouillabaisse was delicious and a very generous portion and my husband enjoyed his pot roast , served with a huge portion of fries!

Date of visit: August 2018