“Average food, average experience”
Review of De Kansel

De Kansel
Ranked #68 of 450 Restaurants in Leuven
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

There isn't too much to scream about regarding this restaurant in either a positive or negative manner. There are likely better places to eat in the City!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've been there a few times but the not anymore.
The last time i've ordered chicken and there was a weird fluo sauce on it.
Got it : I've been quite sick after it...
I won't experience it anymore

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lovely atmosphere in a beautiful old building. Staff very friendly, food and beer was excellent and very reasonably priced

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to eat here for valentinesday. It's not the first time we ate here though. Normally we both take pasta, which is extremely good and not at all overpriced. This time we decided to take something more "expensive" (in our terms that is). I had the salmon with seafood sauce. The seafood sauce was very good but the salmon was a bit overcooked. Not too much that it wasn't edible but it could have done with a little less cooking-time. My boyfriend had the rabbit leg casserole, which he also liked but again, was a bit overcooked. The sauce was extremely great though. All in all we had a nice valentinesday-dinner and we will visit again, next time for some yummy pasta again ;)

2  Thank Lieke M
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Belgian cuisine well-represented with stew dishes and rabbit. Some renaissance details as well on ground floor. Dish prices are decent, though not cheap. Good choice of local beers as well.

1  Thank lpquartel