“good lunch place”

Soup Away
Ranked #100 of 511 Restaurants in Leuven
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed May 1, 2018

we had nice soeps with frech bread ,
its good and not expensive. they have offen differents soep its more variete for our fix clients its perfect for lunch time

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

This store is very popular and you can see it from the people waiting almost always at pick times. But you don’t wait long cause the service is very fast. At least 10 different kinds of soup you can choose from. You can have it there or take away, in small, large or Xlarge and the soup is being served with a small bread and butter. I had mushroom soup which was very tasty! Very nice place would visit again to taste all the soups i can!

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2017

we reguarly go to take out a soup. The quality is always very good and the service excellent! Highly recommended

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Located in the trendy 'Tiensestraat' we found this small narrow soup bar.
The huge line of people willing to wait for soup in May gives you a clue of what to expect.

The line went a lot quicker than expected. When we got to the front the man behind the counter did not seem rushed or stressed at all though. He took his time answering our questions, offered advice and even let us taste in advance!

Soupaway offers 10(!) different fresh and unique soups in 3 different sizes and a variety of toppings (meatballs, cheese, cream...) and a bread roll.

There is place to sit, but like I said the bar is quite narrow and crowed.
We settled on 4 very different soups for take away and found a lovely pick-nicking spot in the nearby city park.

The soups were amazing!
(The bread roll not so much. We would have preferred a nice thick slice of brown bread. But who cares about the bread, it's all about the soup.)

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

I was staying in Leuven for a few days and saw Soup Away which looked good, but they were always closed when I walked by! (FYI - their hours are 11.30 - 15.00 so you don't miss it.) I finally timed it one of the days to make it for lunch.

A few notes:

-There's always a line because it's very popular.
-They have the soups listed in front of the store and at the counter.
-You can choose sizes of small, large, XL.
-You can eat in or do take away.
-Your order comes with a small baguette.
-When you're done eating, you need to bring your tray up to the kitchen.

There were so many delicious choices to choose from that I decided to get two small bowls - tomato and courgette. The people around me thought I was crazy eating two soups but I didn't care because they were both absolutely delicious!

Price: 8€ for the two small bowls of soup.

Service: It's the one guy at the counter and he's very friendly.

Ambiance: Super casual

Would I go back? Most definitely!

Date of visit: June 2016