All reviewssingle roomfresh fruitold buildingmodern bathroomtop floorrock werchterminute walkbellsuniversitychurchcentrefestivalcity
Reviewed March 31, 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a course at the University. The B&B is perfectly located across the street from the beguinage but still an easy walk into the center. I stayed in the Erasmus room on the top floor facing the garden -- definitely the best room, quiet, with a good shower, a small seating area and a really comfortable bed (the only thing that was missing for me was a coffee machine or teapot in the room). The breakfast was perfect -- fresh fruit, bread, granola, yogurts, cheese, eggs... And the owner was very accommodating, giving me good recommedations for restaurants and things to see, and going out of his way to try and solve the internet problems. Staying there was a highlight of my visit to Leuven, and I would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor or looking over the garden might be the quietest
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2017

cosy, friendly environment, super clean, well located, comfrotable, quiet... everything you can ask

It is in front of the entrance to the old beguinage. very well located for meetings and for the university.

Is there any better hotel in the city?

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2017

The 5-star rating at Tripadvisor is by no means an exaggeration for Begijnhof. This is a gorgeous little guesthouse, lovingly restorated by owner Michel and his wife right next to the gate of the historic Beguinage of Leuven, at Sheep Street :)
Although we had to make do with a smaller single room because of the town overflowing with Rock Werchter visitors, we had a comfortable stay with no complaints whatsoever.
The owners are always there for the guest, and pleasant company, but without being intrusive. The place they've created is arty, clean and beautiful, with a wonderful garden that felt like a peaceful haven from the summer heat (or rain).
The guesthouse is only a short walk from the downtown attractions and nightlife, very close to bus stops, and a 20-minute walk from the railway station. The rooms are rustic, atmospheric and old-fashioned in the best possible taste, but with modern amenities and a rich breakfast that kept us going for hours.
Furthermore, the owners do not raise their prices during Werchter, which is a blessing for rock fans looking for affordable accomodation but loathe to camp. If we return for next year's festival, we just know where we'll stay.
Book early in peak season, as there are only 6 rooms in Begijnhof Guesthouse (not to be confused with the larger nearby hotel of almost the same name).
Leuven is such a beautiful and lively little town, especially in the university months.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2017

We really enjoyed staying at the Begijnhof. We were a group filling up the whole place. It is an old building, nicely renovated to state-of-the art standard. Good breakfast, modern and large rooms with good bathrooms, flexible and really nice staff. Silent rooms. The only problem is not using NFC keys, rather old fashioned keys which I mistakenly brought with me. But I managed to give it back. We will defintely be back and I recommend the place!

Room Tip: Comfy beds, which are large, but no twin rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2016

This lovely B+B is perfectly located within walking distance of the centre of Leuven and adjacent to the Begijnhof gates. Comfortable and clean room. Very fresh and tasty breakfast. Would highly recommend

Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business