“"Perfect for us"”

Park Inn by Radisson Leuven
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Leuven
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Flew into Brussels on our way to Maastricht, Netherlands. We were looking for a place to stay the night on our way. Had a bit of trouble finding the Hotel and parking garage. When we arrived we had little sleep and needed a place to relax and settle in. The hotel and staff did not disappoint, we ate dinner and breakfast the next morning in the little restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. It was quite good. The best part of the overnight stay was the staff, the two young ladies that checked us in and out were absolutely awesome. It was our first night ever in Europe and we had some minor difficulties that the staff handled amazingly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,272)

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I go quite often to leuven and when I can I try to stay at the Park Inn. It is very pleasent. It is very well located and after staying at other Hotels in Leuven I must say this us my preferred one. Clean and simple. Bed and shower are awesome. Breakfast is good altough I was a bit disappointed last time to see only industrial scrambled eggs....not nice. But the hotel in total is just great...will come back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

staff were friendly and helpful, room was clean, hotel central and had the comfiest bed I've ever had in any hotel i cant wait to return, we had a lovely holiday. right next to train station and bars and bistros.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were here for 1 night with a group of friends. Perfect location next to the parking and the train station. Room was spacious and clean, separate toilet and bathroom. Leuven has a very nice city center, within a couple of minutes walking from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rayodelsol
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were a group of 9 & all were of the opinion the hotel was closer to a 4* star standard.

The rooms provided all amenities & were spotless. The breakfast was exceptional in terms of the presentation, range of choice, standard of food & cleanliness.

But above all the staff were exemplary - we had a very early rise on Sunday morning & the kitchen & serving staff came in early & provided us with a full breakfast half an hour before the scheduled opening time. The duty manager working on Saturday was so helpful to everyone & had a smile & time for each guest. Nothing was too much trouble. As 3 of us sat having coffee, he dropped over complimentary taster desserts which was such a lovely gesture.

When I get to this part of Belgium again I am definitely booking this hotel - such a pleasurable experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

...but this place was really good. King size bed, high shower, nice breakfast, right next to the train station and a short walk from the bistros and bars down by the college. Everything works out right at this place.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is not my first stay at this hotel. But it definite will be my last. I had the single worst experience here. My laptop bag was stolen right as soon as we checked in, within the hotel breakfast venue right beside the lobby.
There is no security at all, and despite there being so many staffs all around, it was super easy for a thief to come in pick my bag and walk away.
The hotel's response to this has been abysmal - their sense of responsibility is call the police, arrange a taxi for me to go to police and just forget about it! Repeated checks with the front desk and all I am told is they have the video grab and can't show it to me.

I would seriously NOT recommend this hotel for a stay to anyone. There is no logic to pay a premium to stay at such a place when they can't even provide basic security within the hotel premises itself.
And to boost, extremely poor response and support. I am stuck here now as I wait to resolve this, but NEVER EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: September 2013
12  Thank AbhijeetK
tineke_dewit, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Abhijeet,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn I apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

During the several email exhanges with myself and my colleages and the phone call with Mrs. Cabanier we expressed our empathy about the unfortunate incident you had to deal with.

The local authorities confirmed to me again, that they will contact the Embassy of India as soon as there will be any development in your case.
As soon as I got more information, I will not hesitate to let you know.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations.

With kind regards,