All reviews cocktail bar motorcycle trip selection of beers milkshakes students city centre
Selected filters
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Mediocore hotel. Was ok in the middle of the city center. Old rooms need to be decorated again. Poor Breakfast and cocktail bar under hotel is poor 2. Room was small but clean. Beds were ok but a little short for me.

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed June 15, 2018

This place did not change since we were students, the cocktails are still reasonably priced and are very well made. The service is friendly and the selection of beers is of a good standard. There is a hotel as well, so you can stay there when you had enough to drink.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2017

Lately I have been forgetting to write reviews of the great hotels I've stayed in. I guess it's the bad experiences that stand out. Anyway, I hate to write another bad review in a row, but this place was bad enough that I think people deserve an advance warning.

There are some positive reviews here and my guess is that people have reviewed the bar on the ground floor--not the hotel rooms above. The bar is very clearly an excellent one because people were partying in it until about 5 am--screaming, breaking things, etc.

That said, I must have fallen asleep at one point because I woke up during the night on the filthy floor, where I had fallen out of the tiny single bed as I rolled over. I was under the impression that bed sizing is uniform in Europe, but either it isn't or there's a size smaller than standard single that I'm unaware of.

The room stank strongly of cigarette smoke--to the point that it was nauseating. Also, the lift is broken. The hotel is hot enough that I was pouring with sweat just standing on the ground floor. By the time I lifted my luggage up to the top of the building along a narrow, filthy staircase, I was ready to open some windows (no air conditioning). There were two in the room and neither could be opened more than a couple of inches.

There was mold in the bathroom and holes in the wall. It's impossible to take a shower or use the toilet without exposing yourself to the people in the building across the street.

I often come to Leuven for work and from the outside, the hotel looks normal. Don't be fooled. There are other hotels in Leuven for about the same price that are exponentially better.

Room tip: Don't. Go elsewhere.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank bzz77
Reviewed May 23, 2017 via mobile

The cocktails are very nice , you have
Many choice also you have cocktails without alcohol
You can eat ice also milkshakes.
Friendly servers.
If you wanna drink a cocktail that's a good place for it.
It's also a hotel but never try it.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank jochend580
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

This is a small unassuming looking little bar/ hotel. We came here 30 years ago as students and returned this month to visit. The cocktails were as amazing as I always remembered. Generous sized drinks served with a fruit salad style decoration. Fun and well priced in a very pretty location mere the 'restaurant street'.
Well worth a visit