“My home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lodging at 8

Lodging at 8
Ranked #5 of 22 Leuven B&B and Inns
Eemnes, The Netherlands
“My home away from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

I find Lodging @ 8 to be one of the best B&Bs in the BENELUX region, let alone Leuven. I have stayed there numerous times, traveling from the Netherlands and have never had a problem parking close, if not in front, of the B&B.

It is now becoming difficult to book a room here as most people are finding out the quality and the care that comes with staying at Lodging @ 8. It is my home away from holme.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

This was one of the best B&B's we've stayed at. The room was great, and breakfast was superb. We stayed in Room 2 with our daughter (2 years old) - and it was perfect for the three of us. About a 10 minute walk into the center, which was easy, even while pushing a stroller. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in Leuven!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Excellent breakfast;
Very nice hosts;
A good 10 min walk to the city center;
Inexpensive parking opportunities closeby

Would definitely recommend a stay here!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Tbilisi, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

We spent just one in this place, in room #3. Actually it's not just a room, but a 2 floor accommodation: bathroom and small kitchen below, spacious and very light room upstairs. Very cosy, quiet and clean.
We had to leave early at the morning, and the owner Steven was really kind and prepared us a nice breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

We stayed at Lodging at 8 for two nights recently. Our host Steven was quite welcoming, and our room was large and comfortable. The bathroom takes getting used to however; there is no real privacy. There is no door, and just a curtain that wraps around the toilet like a screen around a hospital bed. There is also no shower door, which led to a pool of water advancing toward the wooden floorboards, which we stanched with a towel. Nevertheless, the breakfasts were more than adequate, and we met a charming couple on our first morning there. Steven was very accommodating, making sure we had breakfast early on the morning of our departure for the airport. The B&B is not centrally located, but Leuven is small, and one can easily walk anywhere in 15 minutes from the B&B.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
schenectady, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2009

I stayed at Lodging @8 from October 19 through October 28 . I am an older woman traveling by myself and didn't want to be carrying all my luggage while day ttripping and weekending to other cities within reasonable distance of Leuven. Steven met bme at the train station inon my arrival in Leuven

The B+B was an excellent choice. The only drawback for a 61 year old with bad knees was that the bed was only 5 or 6 inches off the ground . There was no laundromat available but Steven washed my clothes twice in the 2 weeks I was there . The breakfast was more than ample with fresh bread and rolls and cold cuts hraboiled eggs yogurt and fruit or cereal The coffee very good hot and fresh.
The room was very pleasant on the US second floor with the old floor to ceiling windows and that opened on to the street with some flower boxes . There was plenty of heat and hot water and plenty of privacy. The bed was a queen size and very comfortable with good pillows

The bathroom was a glass enclosure with a curtain around the toilet. I would have to know someone extremely well to share the room but there was definitely room for a couple there . The only shortage was of storage space for clothing .

I would recommend this B+B to any one staying in Leuven. The house is is on s a quiet street only 5 minutes walk from the bus stop and only ten minutes by bus to the train station. The public transportation was excellent

I was based in Leuven to because a friens was there but I f0und the city to be charming It does not have the canals of Bruges but the Beginhof and the streets themselves feel more authentic than the painted and prettified streets of Bruges. It is not touristy and is of course overrun with students but the gated courtyars the Sydhuis the cathedral teh expanded museum and the Beginhof are all worth visiting as are the restaurants

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank gonnago
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

This was possibly one of the nicest places I've stayed in while travelling. Amazing room, fantastic, modern design (intersting bathroom set up) and very kind and attentive host, and a killer breakfast. The only problem: Location. It's my fault, but I thought Leuven might have been smaller than it was. It was a good 20 minute walk on cobbles to get to the Grote Markt and it was made worse by the fact that it rained constantly for the full length of our stay. I really feel that I didn't get to see much of Leuven because of it. The B&B is located on a quiet, residential street near the ring road and all that there is within a 5 minute walk is a tiny Aldi supermarket and a frietkot or two. If passing through again (Leuven is really close to Brussels Airport) I would rather stay in Leuven than Brussels, but I'd have to think long and hard about staying here again, due to location.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple