“not quite 'best in town'”
Review of Ribs

Ranked #113 of 441 Restaurants in Leuven
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2011

we were planning to eat here, but after having to deal with an extremely rude waiter/owner, decided to leave before our dinner arrived.

we arrived at 8:00, were given a table, and after a little while our order was taken, two 'brochettes' and two drinks. after waiting for about 30-40 minutes without getting our drinks, i asked a waiter kindly if we could get our drinks. they were immediately given to us, no problem. then, after waiting some 40 minutes more -people that had order together with us or after us had long gotten their meals or even finished- i asked very kindly if our order was not forgotten. then the (other) waiter (older, unpolite, glasses, might be the boss?) went inside and after coming back he told us we orderd at 8:50 and were being impatient, "there was a 150 people there so we better be patient!". to which i replyed it might have been a little earlier then 8:50, 8:00 to be precise, which we were very sure off because of the huge clock in front of us. he told me i was lying, it was impossible and went back in, telling us 'they are making your food'. after this, i didn't feel like staying there, so i went inside to tell the waiter behind the bar (who was polite and took our order) that i didn't like to be called a liar by this guy and wanted to pay our drinks and leave. the rude waiter came back -eyes rolling, sighing loudly- told me there were 300 (allready doubled!) people waiting for their food, i was only waiting for 25 minutes, i was being impossible, i should go to mcdonalds, ...

i don't have a problem with waiting (even if it is 1 hour 15 minutes and the menu says it's 15 minutes) -really i don't- but there is no way i can accept being called an impatient liar after just really politely inquiring about our food. i feel sorry for the other people who work there that they have to deal with a coworker or boss like that. he clearly is NOT capable of dealing with any sort of stress and knows nothing about customer service.

i have been to many restaurants, and have been working in one for the last 10 years, and this is the worst customer service i have ever seen.

i will recommend everyone to never visit this place again

7  Thank eetinleuven

Reviewed April 16, 2010

I wrote a review last year after I went there for the first time. We have been there quite a few times since, so I feel an update is needed.

I saw past reviews mentioning rude staff. I am not doubting the accuracy of them, but I have to say that we have only had friendly encounters. Staff has always been quick and efficient. So don't let them put you off. We have never had any problems. Au contraire.

The last time, I decided to reserve through their website as it seemed quite convenient. I still hadn't received a confirmation e-mail by the next day, so I figured there must have been a technical glitch. I called and they confirmed it hadn't gone through, but the guy on the phone registered my reservation right away. I received a confirmation e-mail within 20 minutes. I'm assuming their technical issues are solved now, so I'll try to reserve online again next time. Reserving on the phone was quick and easy though, I should add. I do still recommend reserving in advance. It's hard to get a table, especially on Saturday evenings.

I have tried different things on their menu. Their brochette mix is great! You can pick whichever sauce you want with it.

The setting is relaxed and informal. No need to dress up. We like to go there once in a while and draw on their paper table cloth. Each table has a little cup with crayons and such for customers to draw if they're bored lol

Anyway, I recommend it more than my first review shows. I just wouldn't recommend getting a hamburger there. It's good, but it's not the best either. Try their specialties instead, they are much better!

3  Thank RestoChick
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Went there with a group of 30 plus people. Organizing was a problem 'I'm very busy now, call back in 20 minutes' - this was after we reserved the larger part of their 'restaurant'. Service, as seems normal in Leuven (studentcity) = zero. No credit cards. No invoicing when you come in with a larger group for a year-end get-together. Extremely bad table planning. They knew upfront that more than 30 people would arrive from the same company for a christmas get-together. The group was split, ie no teambuilding possible. Food was very basic and not recommendable. Evening ended early. Can't recommend really as the quality of the dishes served as well as the service was extremely low. Can't recommend for companies.

3  Thank beentherenext
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Average food, but acceptable. However, beware if you have a minor complaint (think burgers missing ingradients, forgetting orders or burnt desserts) as I have never experienced a waiter (who turned out to be the owner) be so rude or agressive, and also allow his chef to be rude and aggressive to customers also, including to women. Avoid this place at all costs. Plenty of other places around for the same quality food, but less rude staff. Really surprising behaviour from an owner. Pity as it seems so nice at the beginning.

5  Thank fulladapipes
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Best Ribs of Belgium for a normal price + top of the bill, eat what you can (free chips & good wines)

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook