“could be better”

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
milano
“could be better”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had dinner in this restaurant during a short stay in Leuven.
The place is nicely decorated, but the atmosphere is cold and distant. We had vegetarian and sherpa thali, both served with rice and naan; portions were OK and the food was good. The bill was not cheap: for a bottle of water, we paid 25% more than in other bar and restaurant in town (the brand was the same!).

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank rpini

Billings, Montana
“Bland Asia?”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Service was slow and not particularly friendly. Seemed to have declined since our last visit a few years ago. Serves Nepalese/South Asian cuisine but does it almost without spice. A contradiction in terms for South Asian food. Perhaps they thought westerners like us would not appreciate more flavor. Too bad. More and more Westerners are like us, having been around the world more than a few times. Everything was cooked well enough and portions were adequate. It just lacked character, friendliness and life-the things I find most appealing in South and East Asia. My hope is that they will go back and rediscover what they once had.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Bill N
Edegem
“good Indian/Nepalese food”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I tried the vegetable thali and didn't regret it : fresh vegetables, rice and some nice bread. My partner tried the Nepalese specialty which didn't differ too much from Indian food. The interior of the restaurant is very attractive and the service was good . A place to return to.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Els S
Leuven, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing place to be”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food is amazing, one best place to taste asian food ........ recommended if you want to test the real food from the great himalayas.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank paulet b
Rome, Italy
“Fascinated interior but the food didn't live up to my expectation.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

When i enter in the restaurant, i was truly amazed with the interior decoration. I felt like as if i am somewhere in a historical place Truly adored it but feel really sorry for the food. I was served by a woman. She looked gentle. I ordered CHICKEN TIKKA and the vegetables were completely overcooked, didn't feel an indian taste.I also didn't like the way it was served. I got only a bit of sauce with it. I have gone to many other indian restaurant where we get sufficient side dish. But I am really looking forward to coming there again when i am back to Belguim. Because i think it would be far beter next time.

• Visited May 2013