“Christmas shananagans”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Trecombe Lakes

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Enter a caption for your photo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Christmas shananagans”
Reviewed January 5, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We arrived Christmas Eve x so surprised by the size of the Eco pods once inside x everything was thought of , they were warm and cosy , the communial room was festive and warm with a TV if required x we visited Falmouth and around which was lovely spending New Years there then back in our little hobbit world which was so incredibly memorable x highly recommended x thank you ....

Jan 6, 2017
Thank you for your lovely review and really glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, Regards Selina and Jason
Neil G
“Honeymooning”
Reviewed November 11, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We spent a few days honeymooning here in early November. The place is fantastic, really comfortable pods and a lovely site. Despite the cold weather, the pods were lovely and warm and we were even able to enjoy a camp fire, wood and firelighters available to buy on site. Loved the site, beautiful lakes (with rowing boats) and some surprise rope swings dotted about, plus a great adventure park for the kids. We'll be returning without doubt! Cheers guys!

Nov 14, 2016
Thank you for your wonderful comments and also for staying with us during such a special time for you both. Thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you in the future, Regards Selina and Jason
Reviewed November 10, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Nov 14, 2016
Aewatts
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“A great mini holiday”
Reviewed September 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at Trecombe Lakes. We are from North Cornwall so this was very much a "staycation" for us to see some of South Cornwall we hadn't yet visited.
The place on first impression was lovely.. it does look like teletubby land with the perfectly green grass and pod buildings dotted over. There are only 6 pods which surprised me. I think I thought it would be a larger site. This made it perfect to let my daughter loose really, she could pop over to the lodge house for a game, she could be left outside the pod without me being at all concerned. The only thing I wasn't really prepared for or thought about was that you don't park your car right next to your accommodation, like you would camping or staying in lodge style accommodation, so, being on my own with a small child meant quite a few trips to the car parking area and back again as I brought supplies for the stay etc. I think I may have packed the car differently if I'd had known I would be carrying stuff.
We had two fires in our fire pit while we were there. You can get logs, kindling and firelighters on site.
There is a small oven and hob in the pod and microwave in the lodge house.
The pod was perfect for us. We both slept in the double bed and used the twin bed area as our living space really. There is a table between the beds you can pull out and use the beds as seats.. I'm not sure how I would have felt for a week with four people though, having nowhere inside to play games etc. If the weather wasn't great. As I say for two of us it was perfect, very well equipped.
The area down by The lake is pretty, an untouched feel with a few surprise rope swings dotted around. The play area was different to most, not much for smaller kids though, some steep climbs and high activities, there is a baby swing but not much for the under 5s. My daughter is a very cautious 7 yr old and she found it entertaining for half an hour or so. Nice to have it there.
My top tip for staying is.. don't do what I did and happily sit out by your fire or on the decking while it gets dark and forget you've left the pod lights on and the door wide open... as you'll find a myriad of winged beasts in there to greet you when you turn in for the night and then have to spend 45 minutes trying to calm a child while jumping around catching gigantic crane flies/moths before you can retire to your bed!
Would definitely return and recommend.

Sep 26, 2016
Hello Alice, thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you both back soon , Regards Selina and Jason
sharonbas
Weston-super-Mare
“Fantastic holiday!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Wow! What an experience. The pods are wonderful, fully equipped and surprisingly spacious.
The site is safe and secure. The children had a magnificent time. So much freedom to enjoy the great outdoors.
Bbq`s and camp fires to sit around . A memorable holiday for all the right reasons.
Thank you Jason and Selena.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 16, 2016
Hello Sharon, thank you so much for your lovely review. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon, Regards Selina and Jason
KMacP77
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed August 6, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

This place is simply brilliant! So much so we have already booked for next year.

The pods are cleverly designed and maintained to a very high standard. Proper, comfy beds with bedding. A great, clean bathroom and a little kitchen area complete with everything you could need. The owners really have thought of everything.

Its the fun of camping without any of the hassle.

The children loved sitting round the fire pit roasting marshmallows. The play area was a hit and we loved barbecuing on the decking.

The pods are in a great location. 10 mins from Maenporth beach which was a fab place. Parking on the beach, good beach shop for the obligatory ice creams, plenty of rock-pools and the water provides a large shallow bay for the children to use their boogie boards to their hearts content. There's another 2 beaches close by, as well as Trebah Gardens and much more.

The Pandora Inn is a short drive and a must on your list. Beautifully located, yummy food but best of all you can go crabbing from the jetty. You can't fail to catch lots of crabs. It was the highlight of the holiday for the children. You can buy all the crabbing gear from behind the bar.

Trecombe Lakes is a fab little find, you won't be disappointed!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Aug 7, 2016
Thank you for a wonderful review and we look forward to welcoming you back next year, Regards Selina and Jason
Jacqui W
“Truly magical!”
Reviewed July 9, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The pods are perfect! Such character, good size and the grounds are beautifully kept. The staff are so friendly and can't do enough for you. They even went out of their way to print me bus times. I'm delighted with this holiday, it really is a well needed break from reality. I promise you won't regret coming here. My kids and I think it's the best holiday EVER! Superb

Jul 10, 2016
Hello Jacqui, thank you for your wonderful comments and its a joy to have you all staying with us and enjoying it so much, Regards Selina and Jason
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing