All reviews grote markt the main square car park nice hotel recommend this hotel nice stay centre of town within easy walking distance member of staff reduced rate coach party stayed here for two nights on foot on duty few minutes walk excellent breakfast bread
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2018

Stayed here for two nights, on a bed and breakfast basis, the room was very comfortable and clean, bathroom facilities were shower but was huge so ok, the breakfast was plentiful in a bright modern dining area. We ate across the road from here on the Saturday night, just wanting something light, had omelette with some salad and a big basket of bread for 4 euro, also had a nice beer which was extra. It had been raining so it was good to just pop across the zebra crossing to the restaurant and then no taxi back! It was a good stay and we would definitely stay there again,

Date of stay: November 2018
Hotel-cmanager, Debbie DE CLERCK, General Manager at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and the top rating.

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay and that everything was to your satisfaction. Thank you for appreciating our high standards, the room and all the facilities. We aim to provide the best facilities. It is nice to know that we met all your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back. Best wishes,

Reviewed November 12, 2018

We had a two night stay B&B as part of a coach party. The rooms were clean and of a reasonable size with hairdryer and a flat screen TV with some English speaking channels.
The breakfast was quite good. Continental style+ and self service. Plenty of coffee and freshly crushed orange juice. The hotel was central and a small restaurant was situated next door and a few minutes walk if others. The main square was also just a few minutes walk away.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotel-cmanager, Debbie DE CLERCK, General Manager at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely review regarding your stay at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum.

It is always a pleasure to receive praise from a recent guest, and we are delighted that everything met your expectations. We appreciate your mention of our central location and tasty breakfast buffet. Your positive comments will motivate our team to continue maintaining our high standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best wishes,

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Arrived at this Ibis late evening and parked under the Grote Market. A quick 5 minute walk to reception. A warm welcome and speed check in. Comfortable and well maintained.
It was a quiet Monday in Sint Niklaas and the reception team pointed out a few places for dinner. Upon return we used the bar and received very good service.
Slept well and no disturbance aside from the odd church bell chiming the hours....
In the morning we obtained the discount parking ticket from reception.
This is a pleasant town and the Ibis very well located.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel-cmanager, Debbie DE CLERCK, General Manager at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Dear Carol, Thank you for sharing such positive opinions on your stay at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum Hotel.

We're delighted that everything was pleasing to you and that you managed to get a peaceful nights' sleep.

I hope to see you, again.

My best wishes,

Reviewed September 18, 2018

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Hotel-cmanager, Manager at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Booked on-line a few days before and, as requested, confirmed my booking with my Amex card, giving all details.On checking in, the pleasant young guy dealing with me asked for me to pay there and then. I stated that I much preferred to pay on departure. He agreed but was immediately interrupted by a colleague of his, who stepped over and took on a very unpleasant approach towards both her colleague and me. She contradicted him (right in front of me- so very unprofessional!) and stated that "he" (that is, me, the paying customer, standing right in front of her!) had absolutely to pay there and then. I asked why, and she stated that was how it was. No logical explanation, just a very unpleasant and hostile manner. I had no choice but to accept- and was then refused an invoice! "You will get it in the morning when you leave".All of this in front of her colleague and by now, one or two other guests waiting to check in. No concept at all of correct customer service, and in fact downright nasty. What a great start to my stay! Why ask for all cc details when making the booking if they then force me to pay on arrival? Do I look like a thief or a tramp??? And why work in a service industry like this if you cannot deal nicely with your best customers- who, by the way, have done nothing wrong?As a Platinum cardholder (i.e. minimum 60 nights/year in Accor hotels), I found the whole experience totally unacceptable. I will never stay in this hotel again; my business will require at least 10-12 nights in the Sint Niklaas/Zele area in the next 12 months, but I will not spend one cent more of my money in the Ibis Sint Niklaas!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Hotel-cmanager, General Manager at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear John,

We are sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations.

While we understand your frustration, we wish you had given a chance to help you understand our billing policy.

However, we would like to let you know that on check in our guest can choose if they prefer to give a guarantee by credit card or directly pay upon arrival. If they guest decide to give a guarantee by credit card, the guests can pay on departure. During check-in, we can give a proof of payment. The official invoice we can be sent by email during the night, or we can hand over during departure.

As for our service, we assure you that your satisfaction is very important to us and we always go the extra mile to make sure your stay is comfortable.

If you ever change your mind, we would love to welcome you again.

Best wishes,