Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum
  • Restaurant
Hotel Motel Waasland(Sint-Niklaas)
Logies Moon(Sint-Niklaas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgrote marktrailway stationcar parktown squarecentral locationhelpful staffclean hotelrecommend this hotelnice staysimple hotelexit ticketeggspublic transportcoach tourreduced ratehot and cold foodreasonable price
Reviewed May 3, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This Ibis is located in the town center at the corner of a huge square. There are always events around the center, and St. Niklaas Church is something to behold. The day I was there they had their weekly market full of the typical European mix of flowers, antiques, inexpensive clothing and lots and lots of fruits, vegetables and seafood.

I like to stay in Ibis because of the price and internet availability. Unfortunately, their wireless is limited to the lobby, restaurant and bar on the ground floor. That means if you want to use your iPad in your room you are out of luck. Most of them have wired internet in the room.

The biggest downside to this hotel is the parking. It is in a garage under the big square. You have to take a lift and carry your bags about 200 meters to the hotel. The other aspect is that I have an Accor Hotel frequent stay card that I learned is not good in Belgium. When I complained the company told me that the card was not good in France, uhhhhhh, except on weekends. Imagine that for a condition of earning points. And the France thing; here I thought Belgium was a sovereign nation.

My stay was enjoyable, and i enjoyed the atmosphere. I did have a good meal at the Greek restaurant just about fifty meters from the square. I did not have to carry my bags to the restaurant.

Room Tip: It would be nice to have a room with a view of the square, but I do not know if you can see the square from any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ddutchman
VSteenb, Directeur général at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Mister Dutchman,
First of all we want to thank you for your review. This really helps us to improve our quality and services. As we are located in the heart of town there was no possibility to build a parking. Still we provide drive out cards for the public parking (200 m ) at 6 Euro a day. Guests can also park in front of the hotel and the surroundings for free between 6pm and 9 am . Concerning your card I didn’t understand the issue. Could you contact me at the hotel in order to discuss about this?
PATRICK VAN EX – MANAGER IBIS SINT-NIKLAAS

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Spotless, comfortable and inexpensive stopover. Excellent central location. Very friendly service and local produce for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I just slept one night in this hotel. All in all is good hotel for business stay. Breakfast was good, but very small bathroom is a big dissapointment. I hope it is like that only in this room

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Ivan R
A TripAdvisor Member
Rickmansworth
Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is a very comfortable hotel with pleasant, helpful staff and excellent breakfast. My bedroom was spacious and well appointed. The shower was easy to operate. The hotel is conveniently near the railway station for those who travel by rail. There is a good selection of eating places withn a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo