“Skip this restaurant”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mineral
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I made reservation on beforehand, a dinner at 6 pm. When I arrived the restaurant was closed. After ringing the doorbell the guy opening the door said he only opened at 6.30 pm. He told my name was 'not in the books'.

After letting me in, we had a dinner with four. Very pricy and very poor food. I took 'pork cheeks' as a main dish : absolutely not eatable with overwhelming herbs. My wife took the fish : about 50 grams of tasteless fish.

And oh yes : please do not take the 'fitting wines' with the menu. The lady served me the bottom of a first bottle of wine, the rest of the glass she filled with a second bottle.

1 good thing : nice exterior. Please keep out of there....

5  Thank xaviergoods
There are newer reviews for Mineral

Reviewed May 2, 2011

In MINERAL I had one of the best meals I have had anywhere.

The place itself has a nice atmosphere, formal without being cold or snooty. The main room was dominated by a white porcelain tiled fireplace.

I had the "special" of the night: fresh pasta with a black truffle sauce. Every other time i've had it the "truffles" were specks that looked kind of like black pepper in the sauce. But this dish had huge shavings the size of silver dollars. They also served some incredible fresh and creamy cheese, mozzarella but a special kind unlike any other I've had. I was told it was unique to one region in Italy and was wonderful.

I would go back again in a second (and in fact they said they were building out the back of their building into a pizza restaurant and I am dying to try it).

1  Thank jim10013
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Nice food, friendly staff, but the ravioli swordfish is really horrible.

1  Thank UitOostende
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Good food, though a bit pricy for what you get.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 7, 2008

Friendly staff, good food, love the location

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook