“Enjoy your meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Sometimes we forget that sitting at the table is not just about eating good food but is more like enjoying your meal. To try and taste different flavors, to have a drink, or share conversation with others between all the courses is closer to really enjoying your meal. This Slowfood inspired restaurant made me remember that going out for dinner shouldn't be not just gastronomic but also a social experience.
In a typical osteria decor you can enjoy strongly tasty dishes made with real fresh ingredients and have a taste of nice different italian wines. One tip: make the best of your time here because the wait is worth it.

1  Thank alfakir

Reviewed August 27, 2013

In July I invited 2 business partners for lunch at Per Bacco. I had been there once before and was quite pleased by the quality of the food. Italian main courses. Honest, straight-up, without frills. I over heard an Italian conversation coming from the kitchen: so there was real Italian staff at work, which is a consolation nowadays. Service was fast: we didn't have to wait long.
This positive impression was confirmed during my second visit in July. However the food was good, I was appalled by the quality of the service. The waiter showed up wearing a sleeveless shirt (type wife beater). Call me old fashioned, but to me there is no excuse for a wearing such garment when serving customers in a restaurant., not even on a hot day. What really ticked me off was that he opened the bottle of water that I had ordered by taking my table knife and using it as a bottle cap opener.
My advice to the restaurant management: a little "Bohemian" nonchalance does not hurt, but when service is this poor you can either go with it an lose clients or consider it an attention point. Calling it "room for improvement" is only a gentle way to put it.

1  Thank scor1910
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The owners evidently sell some authentic products. However, when we went there the fish tasted bad - and it was not even hot. The salad was good. Wine a bit strange. Other gripe is the unprofessional attitude of the waiter. Very casual and uninterested. The first and last time.

1  Thank ProfessorCalculus
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went here with friends (party of eight) on a Saturday night. We shared some starters (mixed meat and cheese platters), had pasta as main (I had Spaghetti with Crab) and some of us finished with dessert (I had ricotta cheese cake).

Food was typical Italian: very basic flavours, good quality ingredients. Prices were above average for the type of food. The flavours were too basic to warrant a higher price. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, simple, honest Italian cooking.

Service was OK. Waitress was friendly, and most of the time very attentive. But we had to wait a long time for our food. I believe it was about 45 minutes between starters and main. Given that our mains were very simple pasta dishes, this was too long in my opinion.

All in all, I don't regret going to Per Bacco, but wouldn't recommend it as there are better options.

1  Thank zeekonijn
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was the second time me and my girlfriend had dinner there. And on both occasions we had an excellent meal. we started with a dish of cured meats to share. They were very nice, served with very tasty bread. however, it could use the addition of some pickled vegetables to freshen up the palet occasionally. we both had the special of orecchiete with sausage, which was very tasty. Service was swift and friendly, despite it being a busy evening. Also the wine they suggested to accompany our dish was perfectly suited. All in all, a wonderful experience again. we're going back.

1  Thank steve-o-bevo