“Small & noisy but great tapas”

Tapasbar La Malcontenta
Ranked #55 of 893 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A lovely tapas bar in the heart of Ghent with a seasonal menu and delicious, honest food. The menu includes homemade tapas, wines originating from the Canary Islands and a wide selection of vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stumbled across this place whilst wandering around the Patershol district. Our tapas were delicious - quite a small selection but very nice nonetheless. Staff were friendly & helpful. There was a large table full of diners and as it was a small place it was really noisy, but it wasn't a problem. Decor is pretty basic but the food was good which for us was the main thing.

There are newer reviews for Tapasbar La Malcontenta

Reviewed April 19, 2014

After a long day of walking theough beautiful Gent we beowsed around the picturesque area of Patershol at 6 pm only to find out many restaurants were fully booked already. Mal Contenta had some seats left but my goodness.. Such a disappointed. We ordered six different tapas and one os us said that the bread was the best, which says enough. Tasteless .. Fantasy less, spiceless.. The guys in the kitchen messes with food and his visitors. Waste of money. If you open a restaurant do your best or open up a fastfood place. Yuk

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant on nye. We couldn t find any restaurant in Gent because we didn t make a reservation before.
The staff here was very friendly, they even gave me an alternative menu as I am vegetarian.
Very good!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I returned to Ghent this summer for a few days & re-visited this tapasbar as it was so good last summer. We were a group of 9 & shared all the tapas so it was lovely to get a taste of many dishes which were all delicious. Again the prawns in garlic were excellent as were all the dishes we tried.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

arrived as a solo diner at this restaurant about 8:30 pm on a Tuesday evening. It will still busy. They have a lovely outdoor courtyard in the back - highly recommend if there is a table available. I sat at a high top table - very comfortable. Service was excellent. I had the roasted mushroom tapas which was delicious. I also had the lentil / feta cheese dish and it was also outstanding. I also tried the spanish omelet which was also very good. I did not have dessert. Very reasonable - I will be back. They have quite a few vegetarian options as well.