“Quirky”

Ranked #64 of 1,067 Restaurants in Ghent
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2018

This place looks rather formal but is actually very relaxed and is clearly popular with locals. We enjoyed the food and the service although it was a little expensive for what we had, given that portions were quite small. Its about 10 minutes walk from the centre so isn't at all touristy, but is certainly a very pleasant place to eat.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 2, 2018

I would dare to say it's the best restaurant I visited in the past two years. Obviously when I say 'best' I mean in this price range. The food was delicious, we took surprise menu and we were surprised :). Good portions, so you won't leave the restaurant with a tiny hunger. All ingredients were well balanced and we enjoyed the wines as well. The host is very friendly and I'd describe him as 'corky'. The place is cozy.
So all of the aspects for a great evening are there and I would definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Another couple we are traveling with in Belgium and my husband and I had dinner at Faim Fatale, and we were all delighted. We ate outdoors in the garden, which was lovely. Three of us ate the fixed price “surprise menu” of two appetizers, an entre, and a dessert. I specified that the “surprise” could not have any four legged animals for me, and I was cheerfully accommodated. My husband ordered from the menu. So between us we ate quite a few different things, and they were all excellent. The fish, seafood and vegetables were very fresh and delectably prepared. The flavors were subtle and complex. The other three had veal, which they said was tender, beautiful presented and very tasty. The wine was good. The service was cheerful, helpful, and personal. I would definitely recommend it. One warning though: we spent almost three hours enjoying this meal. You probably could eat fewer courses and finish faster, but I would suggest going when you have time to linger.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank lesliewnc
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Excellent cozy restaurant just on the edge of city center. Very nice host with a specific style. Surprise menu is always excellent. Delicious honest food and surprising wines at very modest prices, a true Gem in the heart of Ghent.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 3, 2018

We stumbled upon this place with just over an hour time left before the show we were going to see in the nearby Capitole was going to start. We explained we were pressed for time and the waiter assured us that they we weren't the only ones in the restaurant with similar timing issues and that we would have the time to grab something to eat. He twisted our arm to try the quick 2-course meal of steak tartare and veal or fish for mains. The dishes were served smoothly enough and were just the right size to kill the hunger and feel like we had all the time we needed to enjoy the dishes. And they were meant to be enjoyed: excellent cuisson on the veal, handcut tartare, fresh, zesty flavours and well seasoned. A bit later I saw the chairman of the local football team (also my favourites) come in so it must have some reputation with the locals. Rightly so, as it turned out. We know where to book next time!

Date of visit: May 2018