“Relaxed High Quality Sunday Lunch”
Review of The House of Eliott - CLOSED

The House of Eliott
Cuisines: French, Belgian, Seafood, European, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed High Quality Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled on the House of Elliot on a day trip to Gent and decided to give it a try as a birthday treat. The waiters were able to squeeze my wife and little daughter into a corner table by the window (although we had no reservation and many other places in town seemed booked up). The decor is cool... kind of camp 1920s style with loads of weird stuff that they've collected over time and view over the canal is nice way to watch the cute boats go past.

The food was fantastic - I had the lobster with broccoli and garlic which got the taste buds bouncing and my wife enjoyed her monkfish. The chef was also kind enough to whip up some mashed potato with broccoli for our little daughter and it was funny to see that he put the same amount of care into the presentation of her dish :) ... and she seemed to appreciate it! We had some house white wine which was fine.

It's not the cheapest place you'll eat but for a once in a while treat we were surprised to leave completely full and actually felt it was very good value for the service and ambience provided.

If we ever return to Gent we'll remember this spot.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Lokeren, Belgium
“The best lobster in town !!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This restaurant is a place you must visit when you're on a trip in Ghent Belgium.
Friendly people, super lobster and the restaurant itself is stunning !
Go there and find out for yourselfs !!!

• Visited October 2013
Cardiff
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is no ordinary eating experience - it is something you will remember and talk about for ever more! The décor is simply stunning and the service outstandingly attentive, friendly and informative. We went for lunch and had the 2 x lobster menu with a bottle of house white - highly recommended. If you're in Ghent this place is a must. I just wish it was in Cardiff!

Visited December 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“One of the best time ever for happy new year eve dinning.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Dear all,

New year will come soon and I miss The house of Eliott.I still remember 6 ways of lobster and etc wonderful dish for my happy night.The owner was very nice and we talking about the food from my country (Thailand) He said he like Tomyam Kung.One of the most I love here same as the food is the decoration and inlove with.

• Visited January 2013
Bristol
“OH MY WORD!!!! Go!!!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Amazing experience

Beautiful, beautiful food and attention to detail!

I had the lobster 6 ways and it was delicious. If I'm honest, it's a little more like 4 dishes with lobster and sauce as two of the dishes have very little lobster. But, in terms of flavours, it's exquisite. And after the scallop starter it was a perfect quantity.

Lovely hosts and fab decor.

We knew it was going to be a pricy evening and I was nervous that it would live up,to my expectations.... It exceeded them.

Relaxed atmosphere and we weren't rushed at all. I'd love to return one day.

• Visited November 2013