“Too Greasy”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ghent, Belgium
“Too Greasy”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've eaten here few times. The first time the food was OK. Next two times, the food was very greasy and you can actually see orange colored oil floats on the top of the food. The food is overcooked or cooked twice, and re-heated in the microwave. The waiter seems to be too tired to serve us which we were the only two costumers in the restaurant. Anyway, I decided not to come back again for the sloppy food cooking.

Visited January 2013

Ghent, Belgium
“Very poor!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I ordered a grouponbon to celebrate the birthday of my girlfriend. At the beginning everything went well and the lady seemed very nice and polite. Our first dish came rather quickly and so did the wine, but afterwards it took more than an hour for the maindish, which was to Maroccan standards very poor. Next to that, it seemed that people that came later that night were served before us... very frustrating. The coffee took another 20 minutes to arrive, and so long did it take to make the bill for the bottle of wine... on the menu stood a price of 18 eur (too expensive for that particular wine), and she asked (not in a polite manner) 25 eur...
Concusion: don't go there, there are plenty of other Maroccan restaurants in Gent who's service and dishes are much better!!!
Plus: very bad telephonecommunication.

• Visited April 2012
paris
“restaurant mimosa ghent”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

With my husband ive been there on a nice wednesday aftenoon, so we could sit outside.we ordered a starter for two it was a nice salad with taboulé. off course we had a good marrocan wine. than i ordered a pastilla from safi thats with fish, an my husband a tagine, and it was really delicious. even the thé was nice in the hot weather. and the service was really nice and honest! this is really a place whe wont forget to eat when we go to gent.

Ghent
“An awful experience - don't recommend!”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

What an awful experience we had here. My partner decided we would relive our Moroccan holiday we had been on and absolutely loved for Valentine's Day. He phoned and reserved a table for Valentine's evening a week before. When we arrived on time they did have our reservation written down, we were not the only ones who experienced this during our visit here. The waitress then moved one lady on a table for two by the door for us. This lady did not look pleased and we felt embarrassed. Then we sat there for 15 minutes without menus or the offer of drinks. Then my partner went to the toilet and while he was gone the waitress without asking me started to move the table while I was seated at it. I asked her what she was doing and she said she had to move as there was a group of three just come in and they had to make room. I pointed out to her that if she moved the table any closer to the door my partner would not be able to sit down, people would not be able to enter or leave the restaurant, it was freezing cold there and I was not happy. She then proceeded to move the table and as I had explained to her the exact thing was as I had said. The people on the next table felt sorry for us and offered us their table as they were just leaving. The waitress interrupted and told them that we could not have their table. My partner came back from the toilet and was shocked to find our table in the door entrance and remarked that were we going to be sitting outside in the cold?! I was so upset by this point that I asked him for us to leave and he agreed. So we did not get to try the food and I cannot comment on the value but I would never recommend this restaurant to anybody as they have no customer care, their tables are so tightly packed that you might as well be having dinner with your neighbours each side and all three staff were rude. We then phone up a regular restaurant where we have always had great customer care and food and I would highly recommend that – Boondocks, in a village outside of Ghent.

2 Thank Googiebahloo
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very cozy, nice laid back atmosphere. Cheap. Excellent tajines and I guess the couscous and pastilla is quite edible as...”
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Very cozy, nice laid back atmosphere. Cheap. Excellent tajines and I guess the couscous and pastilla is quite edible as well. Had a great bottle of Morroccan wine (Volubilis). Very nice service by 3 very friendly ladies. If the sun comes out I imagine the terrace is also very pleasant

2 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook