“Very nice place”

Ranked #151 of 891 Restaurants in Ghent
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Nice place, very friendly service and good food. We enjoyed our meal at Savarin and decided to
come again. Their choice of wines are also good. Definitely recommended if you look for traditional flemish food.

1  Thank DeborahGeneve
There are newer reviews for Brasserie Savarin

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Nice, styleful interior.
Comfortable chairs.
Served by warm, friendly staff. Thanks!
Delicious rabbit :)

1  Thank S V
Reviewed December 31, 2013

First impressions were excellent - lovely modern décor and warmly welcoming staff. My food was fine but my wife's lamb tenderloin was anything but tender. She chewed her way bravely through half of it but then gave up. When asked by the waiters if everything had been ok we commented on the poor quality of the meat, but it was received with general indifference and a vague promise to 'have a word with the chef'. However no-one came to apologise or enquire further and all we got was an offer off a complimentary coffee, which we declined.
We are not fussy or difficult customers but we felt let down by the dismissive attitude in this restaurant. Furthermore they need to look into the quality of the meat they are buying in.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I visited this restaurant/bar and had a very good meal and drinks served by a very friendly staff. However , what impressed me particularly was that I left my mob telephone in the restaurant or dropped it under the table. The staff took the trouble to telephone my daughter in UK to tell her they had found my phone. They then took no end of trouble to repatriate my phone to UK speedily.
I was tremendously impressed that the staff should take such trouble

Richard Agarwala.

1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I found this restaurant looking for gluten-free eating places in Gent. My experience was better than expected, being met by very friendly and gluten-conscious staff who advised me in a competent way.

So I had my best vis waterzooi in years at a very reasonable price.

The place has outside tables overlooking the large Vrijdagmarkt square, always lively and full of people.

I heartly recommend this place for the quality of the food, the friendly service, the affordable price.

1  Thank Stefano M