“Nice but one remark”

Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

food and the service are really good.

My only remark is that they don’t put things against flies and I doubted several times if I really wanted to eat there. In every table we had at least 4 visitors (In the frames of the windows some death).

We changed 3 times table, at the end it was better and we had a good dinner. We took tuna and spaghetti with mushrooms and truffles, it was very good. The waitress make us have also a good time and he checked all the time if we were ok after the flies incident

Reviewed February 25, 2017

After few bad experiences we don't go back anymore. First time I asked a beef filet and they gave me a piece of the back leg inside ( as I chef myself I know) ,and when I called them they just denied ! Second time I asked a dish with Flemish spargus and I got French! Third time we went for lunch, I got a ,,kalfsblanquette,, a veal stew in cream sauce,who supposed to be nicely soft, we kept chewing until we let half of the meal.
A glass of port is the price of a whole bottle!
Conclusion; expensive and low quality even lying about the products

1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed July 30, 2015

A classic for people living nearby, this place is also easy to reach from the motorway, yet quiet. Serves great food. A wide variety of choices.

Reviewed March 12, 2015

I really love beef stew, a belgian classic dish. When I see it on a menu card I tend to try it out. Of all the places I've visited this was the best I've eaten. Even better than that of my mom! And it was cheap to. My wife and I had a great dinner.

Reviewed September 11, 2014

We were invited to the retirement party of three co-workers. On paper the menu we could choose from looked OK, as usual we could choose between fish and meat. One of the guests is allergic to gluten so she specifically asked if a gluten free meal was possible. She was reassured several times that she would get a special treatment and that all of her food would be one hundred percent gluten free.
We were received in the courtyard for a small reception, the treats were OK but there was a very limited choice in beverages. My gluten free friend got a glass of water and one, very small amuse.
Then we were invited at the table. The food was awful, I had ordered the fish. It had no taste what so ever and it felt like rubber in my mouth. I'm convinced the fish was taken out of the freezer, cooked, kept apart and was then cooked again. There was no sauce worth the name and the vegetables served didn't go with the rest of the dish. There was certainly something wrong with the fish; everybody left most of it on their plates and I was sick in the stomach for the next two days. My gluten free friend received the exact same food we did and she experienced the same stomach problems I did.
We had been to this restaurant before and the food had always been quite good. What changed?

1  Thank Veronique52