2,195 results
All reviewsperfect locationlobby barcanal view roomcanal sideold townbeautiful citycar parkexcellent hoteltrain stationthe heart of the cityroom was largestayed here for one nightper dayexcellent breakfastfacadeatriumeuros
Reviewed January 23, 2010

once we landed at this hotel booked by Flanders tourism, we were thankfulthat it has althose lovliest places around it...though whielenterign we found,it is just like any other fivestar hotel...thoughMariots are different...but when settledandsaw map,we found we must goout to see i from canal side and we were just stunned to see its facade ...what an unique architecture...
well,the hotel,acrossthe reception counter it has within it a huge lounge [fmore agarden with canopy up up,very high above you...letting in the light and cheer...one can just unwind oneself...
there there are excellent rooms with allin it,but internet etc all chargeable ,worth it as one doesn'thave tolookaround for business centre...
room serivce swift...their dining area issuperb,it is on the sideoflake[where from one could see ancient facade]...usually,breakfast are 'structured' but here instead ofscambled eggs,i felt forhot omlette and Ijsut asked if that ispossible,yesm why not,ourpleasure, and i gotan off beat dish ofmy choice....
A very charming hotel, one has tomake an attempt tocomeout of it....it is so absorbing with a lot in it ....specially its seating place across reception adorned by beautiful smart young ladies ,allout togive you information u want...render service in most natural way....
however flanders had organised dinner in an indian restarunt ,Raj,and it was a terible experience , tocomeout ofit,we cameover to our Marriot and enjoyed finest wine and choice of our dishes ....very well done...and very very well served.....

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 13, 2010

The hotel is in a great location. Just pop out the back door and you are on a fab canal with plenty of places for drinks, food and shopping. We got a great deal, (we stayed for New Year's Eve & a few days after) the hotel is clean, quiet, has a nice (but quiet bar), very friendly and helpful staff. The beds are very comfortable. I'm def going back to Ghent and will def stay in the Marriot. I've nothing bad to say about it!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2010

This Marriott, much like all others I've stayed at, was up to Marriott standards in every way - including their great beds! This was a great stay in a great location in Ghent - restaurants and all the sites right outside your door!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Had a nice stay at the hotel for the same reasons many have elaborated on here. Disappointed that they do not have a Concierge Lounge for MR elite members but as Platinum they did upgrade me to Junior Suite (basically just a little larger room but had good light and a view of the castle) and a free drink and snack each night. Still would have preferred a lounge to relax.

On checkout I was presented with a bill and asked to confirm that the charges were correct. I did and signed it. Upon reconciling my Visa bill the conversion didn't look correct and upon closer look at the bottom of the invoice I see in fine print that they are charging me a 2.5% conversion fee because I requested to be charged in US dollars instead of euros. I was never given the option to be charged in dollars and if I had I would have declined it. There is NO reason anyone would want to pay in dollars. Every US credit card company charges their overseas conversion fee if the charge originates out of the USA (in fact my Schwab Visa charges no conversion fee for overseas charges). Doesn't matter if the charge is in dollars or local currency. I have contacted Marriott Corporate Platinum desk for them to get this reversed by the hotel. Just beware and check your bill carefully before signing as they may not verbally ask which you wish, they just do the conversion to dollars before they print the bill on their own.

By the way, if anyone is not aware the Schwab Visa gives 2% rebate on charges and has NO conversion fee for overseas transaction or for overseas ATMS.

Also internet very expensive here. 19.90e per day. If you need internet get a daypass from boingo for $19.95 US dollars. Save 30% at current exchange.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Excellent, fast, accomodating check in and out. Very helpful and informative staff. Very central location, good room rates if booked early enough. We have stayed in many hotels in Europe on weekends away and this is the standard to set the level by. Also the most comfortable enormous beds we have stayed in including big hoetsl in Vegas! I have written to hotel in appreciation also. We would thoroughtly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends