2,196 results
All reviewsperfect locationlobby barcanal view roomcanal sideold townbeautiful citycar parkexcellent hoteltrain stationthe heart of the cityroom was largestayed here for one nightper dayexcellent breakfastfacadeatriumeuros
Reviewed October 16, 2009

Great location, great service, friendly staff, beautiful architecture! Only negative is that it is kind of difficult to get in and out of Gent by car.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

We stayed at this hotel one night in July as a part of our journey back home from France to Norway.

We had a large superior room with two baby cots (we was travelling with two small children), and found the room to be more than adequate for our need. It was quite roomy. Since we arrived late at the hotel we where not able to have dinner in the restaurant (which I understand to be very good), but we had dinner in our room instead (room service), and it was quite good. When we arrived at the hotel it was Ghent-fest in town, which we didn’t know anything about. Regrettably we where not able to enjoy that, due to two small children needing their sleep, and some incredibly hard rain outside. But the location of the hotel cannot be better for any hotel anywhere, right in the middle of everything. Despite that the hotel was quiet.

The first thing you notice when arriving is the architecture, which combines the old buildings with the new. The atrium is magnificent.

The breakfast is at normal Marriott standard, but could be better. I do not remember the rate we got for the room, but I do remember that we found it to be acceptable due to the quality of the room etc.

To sum this up, this was an excellent hotel for all purposes in Ghent.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2009

omg: this is one of the most fabulous festivals ever! Ten days of music, magic, and street performances with 100's of 1000's of your nearest and dearest Belgian friends (well, a few other Europeans and a smattering of Americans, too). I visited last year for one day (just to sample) and returned in 2009 for five days of incredible good times. I stayed at the Marriott: right on the main canal, near the main stage, and walking distance to some delicious restaurants which featured world-class cuisine. (The hotel staff was wonderful: they offered a "quiet room" because they assumed that an "old guy" like me -- 60? old? no way! -- would not enjoy the party atmosphere right outside. I insisted on a canal side room: great views! But I never returned to my room before 3 am anyway, so ...)
The people are friendly, the restaurants are gracious, the beer and rum (lots of rum in Belgium -- who knew?) was flowing, the music was eclectic, infectious, and Alive! Everything from Afro-Haitian to Big Band to Acid Jazz to Salsa -- and more. The entire city centre closes down for pedestrian traffic only, every street corner and plaza becomes another music venue.
I will return!

1  Thank Thornhaven
Reviewed October 15, 2009

To be honest I wasn't expecting much when I booked this hotel. Looked a safe bet and a bit corporate. In reality the rooms are corporate, but the building in general was brilliant. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean and fantastic bar really helped to add a great atmosphere. Location wise you really couldn't do better.
My only gripe with this hotel was they stated breakfast was free. However, this is only at the weekends so we had to pay for the Monday. Aside from that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The location and friendliness of the staff could not have been better. It seems very much like a business hotel, but mad a wonderful home-base during our trip to Belgium.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple