2,194 results
All reviewsperfect locationlobby barcanal view roomcanal sideold townbeautiful citycar parkexcellent hoteltrain stationthe heart of the cityroom was largestayed here for one nightper dayexcellent breakfastfacadeatriumeuros
Reviewed October 15, 2009

To be honest I wasn't expecting much when I booked this hotel. Looked a safe bet and a bit corporate. In reality the rooms are corporate, but the building in general was brilliant. Friendly staff, nice breakfast, clean and fantastic bar really helped to add a great atmosphere. Location wise you really couldn't do better.
My only gripe with this hotel was they stated breakfast was free. However, this is only at the weekends so we had to pay for the Monday. Aside from that, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2009

The location and friendliness of the staff could not have been better. It seems very much like a business hotel, but mad a wonderful home-base during our trip to Belgium.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We loved our stay at the Marriott Ghent Hotel. Great staff with wonderful recommendations to restaurants and sights. The room was lovely and the location couldn't be any better. Although the breakfast was very good, the price were a little steep. We spent 3 weeks driving around Belgium, the Netherlands and France, and this was by far the nicest and best hotel of our stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We loved this hotel. We landed in Brussels, rented a car to see the sights. Loved Ghent, would love to go back, would love to stay at this hotel again. This was a perfect location after a long flight. We travel with not much pre-planning involved. Breakfast was great. I went with my 2 sons, I chose Marriott because they allow a roll away in the room for 3 people. Most hotels aren't big enough. Marriott Hotels in Europe are very accommodating in this way.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We arrived to the hotel at 10.30am only to ask if they can store our luggage, and we were told that our room is ready and we can check in. That was excellent! All the receptionists we dealt with were very professional. Our room was big, clean, with an extremely comfortable bed. Very nice toiletries (lemon grass) and a huge bath. We had an excellent sleep as the room was very quiet. The hotel is in a very central location of Gent. It has an old front facing the river (merchant house from 16th or 17th century) and very interesting modern interior. We were told by our tour guide that the old sing on the building (two swans not facing each other) means that it used to be a brothel in the past.
If I wanted to be critical, there were some minor problems: some of the furniture (draws) wasn't working properly; it is a pity that it is impossible to open windows and you have to rely on aircon (even when there is perfect 20C temperature outside); breakfast extra for 25 Euros seems a bit too much as you can get excellent breakfast in many cafes nearby for 10-15 Euros; finally, we didn't have much of a view looking at some boring house opposite (my photo of the view attached), but you have the choice to pay extra to get a river view. Overall, this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. I also find Gent more interesting than Bruges, as it feels like a real city that hasn't been entirely taken over by tourism.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business