Ghent Marriott Hotel
$91
$92
$89
2,113 results
All reviewsperfect locationlobby barcanal view roommain canalold townbeautiful citycar parkwonderful hoteltrain stationthe heart of the cityroom was largebars and restaurantsper dayexcellent breakfastcroissantsfacadeatrium
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I recently completed a one-night stay at the Marriott Ghent, and was thrilled with my experience. The location is incredibly picturesque and convenient, with historic buildings lining the canal adjacent to the hotel. The hotel itself is very contemporary with a soaring glass-topped atrium and glass elevators, but the original facade has been retained along the canal so as to maintain the look and character of the neighborhood.

My room (which appeared to be a fairly standard room) was clean, attractive, of good size, and very comfortable with excellent working room. Internet service, when using the provided passcode (as opposed to clicking on the "free internet" button, was reasonably fast and consistent. I only had breakfast in the hotel; it was a buffet, reasonably well-stocked, though not extraordinary. Breakfast was provided free due to my Marriott Gold status. My only disappointment with the hotel was that while the fitness room had a good selection of cardio equipment, there was no strength equipment other than a rack of hand weights ranging up to 20lbs.

Given the Marriott Ghent's terrific location, atmosphere, and reasonable price, I would absolutely make this a home base for a tourist visit to Ghent.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BillShepp
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The staff were lovely and accommodating for my not speaking a word of Dutch/Flemish! Check in and out was painless and quick.

Room service was good, one meal took 1hr+ to get to me as they forgot to put the order through but that meal was made complementary and they were very apologetic.

Staff were readily able to give directions and recommend places etc. It was close to everything I wanted to see - Belfry, St Nick's, Gravensteen and the Main Street, and public transport.

Room itself was clean and enough space for me (same as if I'd have taken a companion) and had everything a 4ish star hotel in Europe is know for - quite luxurious. Food was good and the restaurant looked nice but I didn't eat there..

Would stay there again in a heart beat and will not hesitate to recommend the Marriott in Ghent to anyone!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The service and breakfast was good to excellent, as you would expect from a hotel in this price range. The room however was just above your average hotel room: not that much better than 3*-quality and quite noisy. It is probably the best hotel in Ghent that belongs to a chain, but there are better and more charming independant hotels in town. None of them will have a view as good as the Marriot 'though!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Ghent Marriott H, Front Office Manager at Ghent Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear mr. Ward,

Thank you very much for your time to fill out your experience in our Ghent Marriott hotel.

It is nice to read you enjoyed the beautiful view as well as our service at front office and breakfast.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel when you have made new reservation, than we can allocate you a nice and quiet room.

Kindest regards,

Valerie Vanderstraeten
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I originally planned to stay in Brussels, but a lack of availability in my preferred hotels forced me to stay in Ghent at the Marriott. I am very happy that I stayed here. I had read some good reviews, but now I have experienced the hotel for myself.

Driving to the hotel is a bit of a challenge if you are not familiar with Ghent. Make sure that you use a GPS or smartphone with a GPS feature. The hotel is right in the heart of Ghent near many restaurants, museums, cathedrals, and other places of interest. The hotel sits next to a canal. The setting is postcard material.

When I checked into the hotel, the staff was incredibly professional, and they maintained this professionalism throughout my stay. The high speed internet actually has a nice speed. The hotel restaurant offers a nice menu, and the breakfast is good. The hotel also has a fitness room. I was given a large room overlooking the canal. I can't say enough about the neighborhood around the hotel. It is incredibly nice. My room included a robe and slippers. When it came time to leave, I was sorry to leave. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is fantastic. We have stayed multiple times and as Americans it has all of the things that make it feel right at home. The rooms are large and spacious. The staff is superbly helpful. Anything we needed they were able to help with and if they didn't know they were happy to find out for us. They even called and made reservations for us since we weren't sure how to call or make reservations in Belgium. It's perfectly situated downtown where you can walk everywhere or take the tram around town. They also offer free bikes for those staying to take around town.
Best stay in Europe!