“Best hostel yet!”
Review of Hostel Uppelink

Hostel Uppelink
Ranked #1 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Ghent
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This hostel has the best ambiance I've ever seen anywhere! The staff is amazingly nice, other travellers are looking to meet people, the view is superb and the breakfast is good for once. I met a few people and we hung out together in bars, on the cute terrasse and during the free walking tour.
We even had the first ever free chocolate tasting while I was there, which also informed everyone about the necessity of fairtrade chocolate.
Everything was very clean, the showers had good pressure and hot water, and the kitchen is also clean and extremely modern!
You won't regret staying here, I wish I had stayed longer!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Virginie D
There are newer reviews for Hostel Uppelink

Reviewed August 6, 2014

The hostel was nice and clean but the people were the best part. The man who checked us in was extremely accommodating and polite. The view from our room was amazing and the common area was great for sitting and talking after ordering a few beers (very reasonably priced) at the bar. Everyone was very welcoming and our group went out to the bars together to hangout. The breakfast in the morning was great and I did not once wish I had a waffle instead of toast. I would highly recommend staying here if you are in Ghent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phi1520
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Uppelink was right on the waterfront, on the main bridge into the centre. It was relatively quiet, spotless inside and had fantastic social/cooking spaces. The staff were friendly and more than happy to help if you had any questions. Their recommended walking tour was pretty cool, too! Check it out - but if you're prepared to spend a little more, the Marriot isn't half bad by the looks of things and I guess Uppelink was a little pricey for how basic the room was. (Also, note a 'twin room' is a bunk bed!)

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sam A
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Perfect location, huge and clean rooms and probably some of the most friendly staff you can find in Belgium working at a hostel, Uppelink has everything in its favor, and its incredible good value for its pice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank carycyn
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice and friendly staff. Cosy house in the middle of town. If you're a guest of Gent Festival then you have great location with the festival at your doorstep (only if you're no stranger to sleeping with earplugs). Easy to swing by the hostel to grab a coat or to rest a while in their super chilled out lounge/bar that has som really tasty local beer for a accomodating price. The included breakfast is also recomended.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johanaron
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Oh man, I've stayed at so many places all over and have never been moved to write a review. Its a long story, but the owner Seppa basically saved us from having to spend a night on the streets by dragging us into his wonderful hostel. The place is beautiful, affordable, has cool people around, and a nice free breakfast. The staff are the friendliest I've ever seen. And Seppa is the best "innkeeper" I've ever met. One night we came back after quite a few beers, and the next morning found that Seppa had put a few extra locks on our bikes since we had not taken enough care the previous evening. Beyond the call of duty, I would give him and his hostel the equivalent of a Medal of Honor if hostels had such a thing

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I am from Georgia, in September 2013 I was in Gent attended libertarian conference, at the end of conference I suddenly find out that my flight canceled and I staked in the city without many and accommodation, (during conference accommodation was provided )could not managed to charge mobile so my situation was desperate, I knock the door of that hostel and explain my situation to a nice girl worked there, with the help of the girl I managed to call my country I bought new tickets,they also gave room for free one night, I can not even describe the hospitality they showed me so best people best hostel want see them again

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo