“Dishonest - avoid like the plague”

B&B Azur Beauty & Wellness
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Ghent
London, United Kingdom
“Dishonest - avoid like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

There was a booking problem with one of the main 'Booking' websites and my reservation was not allocated to my account. When I came to check details there was nothing showing on my account so I figured I had messed it up. I subsequently booked the Gent Ibis Opera instead.

This was mostly my fault I'll admit - though learn from my mistake and make sure you are logged in to your account when you book. I tried to explain the situation but received threats of court action over non-payment. Amazing since I had secured the rooms by CC. While I was happy to pay for the 'no show' costs for the first night, the B&B Azur proceeded to take a second night (against cancellation policy) as well. They then refused to refund the additional night offering a 'discount'. So in summary, aggressive, threatening and ultimately dishonest.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JamesP37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We booked our room on Booking.com for 37 Euro. We were contacted via email the night before to say there had been an error witht the booking and the price was wrong, the new price was now 59 Euro, but stil without breakfast. The excuse we were given was that Booking.com made the error.... please do not lie to people. I happen to work in a Hotel that uses Booking.com and I am well aware that the user has to determine the price themselves and that Booking.com has nothing to do with setting the rate. We were told we could cancel for free if we wanted to, however, it was too late and we could not find any affordable acommodation. We contacted Booking.com directly to see if they could resolve the problem for us. They telephoned the Hotel and managed to get them to change the price to 50 Euro. We agreed.... but maybe we should have just stayed elsewhere. The room itself was fairly clean and the bed was comfortable but there was a tanning bed in our bathroom... I was confused as to what would happen if someone wanted to hire it? Also, the toilet was upstairs and I have seen bigger facilities on an aircraft. There was no soap or shower gel either. When we arrived we were asked if we wanted to hire the sauna for the evening at the cost of 60 Euro!!! In England that would be 3 months membership! Maybe this is why we never saw any customers in the salon. We were also asked if we wanted breakfast at 15 Euro each but I did wonder where/how it was served as we did not see a breakfast room and also noticed cutlery, plates and a toaster in the bedroom. This whole building was very strange to me. It was more like staying in a strangers spare bedroom rather than a Hotel or Bed & Breakfast. Oh and also, the TV is still broken.

However, the location is brilliant and surely they could make more money operating properly as B&B rather than a beauty salon? But as it is, we will not return.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HoneyMuffinPickles

Travelers are raving about these Ghent hotels

Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here from Friday for two nights and we were quite surprised!. We arrived about 9pm and a guy was waiting for us downstairs to check us in. There is a spa downstairs which is strange but I didn't expect your usual Travelodge or premier inn! The guy left as soon as he checked us in. The place wasn't manned all weekend which was fine for us. Aftee reading the reviews I was not looking forward to.azur but our room was lovely. Clean sheets comfy bed and nicely decorated! There was a sunbed in our bathroom which was strange but again we didn't mind! The toilet wasn't in the room which was the only bad part as you had to go upstairs bt we didntspend. much time in the room! We only wanted a clean bed and room which is what we got! Great location too. This is a different little place...if.you are expecting Hilton u will be disappointed but we would stay again if in gent!!

• Stayed October 2012
Moscow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Если это читаете, НИКОГДА не останавливайтесь в этом отеле. Там нет людей на ресепшене, да и ресепшена нет как такового, а по указанным телефонам никто не ответит, поэтому заплатить вы не сможете и с вас будут требовать данные кредитки и грозить подать в суд. С меня, в итоге, выбили 100 евро в ночь. Никакого вайфая, телевизора и спа, который они обещают там нет.

***

The curtain rod is broken, that there is only one pillow of normal size (the others are too small) and one set of towels though the room is for two guests. There is no soap and no toilet paper. The temperature inside the fridge is higher than outside. (I found a package of rotten mayonnaise in the fridge) TV is broken. NO WI-FI though it is promised. But all this is nothing compared to the main trouble. When you come to the place you find a SPA salon there. A closed SPA salon. The small note on the door says that you have to call the indicated number if you booked the room. I did so but nobody answered so I left a message to the voice mail. In a few minutes I received an SMS in a language I could not even identify. The waitress from the neighbor café translated the message for me. It said that I had to go round the corner to the next street, enter through the door and go upstairs where I would find the room with the key in the keyhole. Well... everything seemed to be all right. But there was no staff in this hotel. Nobody came to check my reservation and receive pay. Nobody answered calls so I had to leave without paying for the room. Now I'm calling and sending him letters trying to come to an agreement about the way of paying but I haven't received any answer yet. It is a real bother! As a result I had to pay more than 100 euros for night. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank HonestaMoscow
Antwerp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

• Toilet was not in the room, but in the hallway, it was the smallest toilet I've ever seen.
• The towels were fusty and smelt terribly.
• The little dustbin wasn't emptied.
• TV didn't work.
• They claim that there's free wifi? Well, there was no wifi.
• The clothes cupboard was used by themselves, very messy.
• I'm not saying that the bedsheet hadn't been washed, but there were definitely stains in it that didn't come out. So don't put it back on the bed in your B&B!
• I didn't order breakfast. Maybe that's a good thing. But I think that if you have a B&B breakfast should be included in the price, not 15 euro extra per person. Hence the second B, for breakfast.
Although the location was very good, I was not a happy bunny at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank soeziegoezie
Roosdaal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Terrible bed(dirty sheets and towels) and NO breakfast, no warm water and at at night a hell of noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple