“Nice place to visit for pastries and sweets”
Review of Julie's House

Julie's House
Ranked #2 of 25 Dessert in Ghent
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Julie's House serves a daily choice of delicious brunches, artisanal pies and colorful home-made cupcakes.We are a cozy pastry house overlooking the Leie river in the middle of Ghent 's historic center. Our "cake-ladies" love hosting you in our beautiful pastry house surrounded by the grandeur of the Gravensteen castle, the authenticity of the Patershol and the relaxed atmosphere by the water.Check out our window display of fun teapots, cups, saucers and other china. In addition to our little restaurant we also deliver to small and big venues, both to private individuals and professionals.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I visited Julie's House in the late afternoon so naturally there were only a few sweets to choose from compared to the usual large selection. I liked the coffee and the cupcakes, however I would not recommend getting breakfast here. The pastries are beautiful, like in a real fairy tale cake shop. Cute place, easy to find. We had no problems here.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

If you want to have a dessert stop in the heart of Ghent, this is the place to go. The main disadvantage of this place is that you have to queue to get a table, which can be quite annoying on busy days. The place has a particular environment, very charming and cosy. The desserts are delicious.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

... because you will never stop. Delicious cakes, good homemade drinks (ice tea, hot chocolate, ...) and friendly staff.

1  Thank Yves A
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My best advice:Buy a cake and in the little yard 100 metres more up the road!It's just wonderful.
(In the little yard there's a cafè,I'm not sure if they mind or not you going with the cake)

ANYWAY,the place was quite busy when we arrived,but I couldn't care less!The cake dispaly was a wonder and there were samples here and there,I was like a bee flying from a little cube of brownie to a rocky crunchy bar!

In the end,I bought a cheese cake with coconut and passion fruit,loved it till the very last crumble!
I'm still wondering if I should have bought also the chocolate raspeberry one!

1  Thank MelanyMis
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We had the delicious pavlova, which could have had a little more fruit and chocolate brownie which had a lovely flavour but was slightly sickly. Cost €17 for 2 teas 2 cakes and an apple juice ie approx €9pp. We were sat on the mezzanine right next to the toilet which ruined any enjoyment of the tea. Screening the toilet would be a good idea as the smell was pretty horrendous! Real shame

2  Thank Stella S