“Great!”

Cuisines: Belgian
Description: nice PANNEKOEKENHUIS doing sweet and savoury pancakes
Description: nice PANNEKOEKENHUIS doing sweet and savoury pancakes
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on the Saturday at lunchtime, the crepe was good - a savoury one, ham,egg & cheese. It was really good but I couldn't finish it all!
Again recommended by our host!

There are newer reviews for GWENOLA PANNEKOEKENHUIS

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We ate breakfast here on our last day in Ghent before heading back to Brussels. Our meal, Buckwheat crepes filled with ham and cheese, topped with two eggs - all the essential food groups! Excellent fortification for our rail journey back to Brussels!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visited Gwenola with a friend of mine to have pancakes. First, we had to wait quite long for someone to take our order, although it wasn't crowded, and the waitress wasn't friendly. My friend picked a pancake with butter and it literally swam in butter. When she complained about it, the waitress didn't want to help her and said it was how it was supposed to be. I picked one with sugar, and it tasted quite rubbery. Bad flavor, bad texture.
So to sum it up, bad service, bad food.

2  Thank Evy W
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I can't believe I've probably walked a thousand times passed this place. It looked old and dated and not very inviting. Hence I never stepped in. When searching for a restaurant to eat with friends on Tripadvisor I noticed the high rank of this place. So when walking passed it this noon with my parents we decided to give it a try. It was one of those rare hot days in Belgium and inside it looked a bit empty. Everything is dated and old but don't let this put you off. I went for a pancake with fresh seasonal fruit accompagnied by a strawberry milkshake. Big was my surprise when only minutes after ordering the milkshake and pancake showed up. It was literally covered with fresh fruit. You had to dig your way down to your pancake. The fruit was stunningly fresh. As if it was cut just seconds before (which I guess it was). Simply superb! Good milkshake too!

The service couldn't be friendlier!

Having read the one negative review on here I must remark that toilets are not next to the kitchen. At least the ones I found were on the first floor. And we did get a ticket, I believe.

Can't wait to go back and try more things

1  Thank davinadegeest
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Nice place for a Saturday brunch.

The pancakes were really tasty.

And i would personally recommend their mocca milkshake!