“The annexe experience”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Epsom, United Kingdom
“The annexe experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I would have rated this more highly if we had not been stuck in the annexe to the main cafe, which is unfortunately totally devoid of atmosphere and with a large sliding door which banged into me at intervals. The waffles, however, are good. Not cheap, but quality.

• Visited October 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Icing sugar indulgence”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Taking a family of 5 into Max, I knew it was likely to be quite expensive for a lot of hot air; waffles and whipped cream being the most insubstantial of foods - but they really enjoyed it. Somehow the glass chandeliers and 'Sunday' ambience of gentility was entirely fitting for a calorie laden indulgence of sweetness. It did leave me 50 Euros lighter for 15mins of pleasure but there was enough ambience and the service was attentive enough that I didn't feel cheated at all. If you want a waffle experience to remember then Max will fit the bill.

• Visited October 2012
Brussels
“Don't miss when visitng Ghent”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found the restaurant by accident, but food and service were excellent in a nice athmosphere.
Don't eat too much in order to be able to taste the famous wafers!!!

• Visited September 2012
Paris, France
“Very bad”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

i was there and i will never go back, the chef kook was very bad man he was really unpolite....................

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Marie296
San Jose
“Check the Time Before You Go!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Because of construction around the Gent cathedral is was a bit hard to find Max, but with some help from local shops we found our way there. By the time we got seated it was about five minutes after 2pm. When I tried to order a sandwich, I was informed that he kitchen closed at 2pm, we were too late, and I could order only drinks and waffles or pancakes.

I had a beer.

My companions ordered the fruit covered, one pancake and one waffle. Both looked good with lots of fresh fruit and tons of whipped cream.

I wanted a sandwich.....