1,433 results
All reviews great location rooms are small comfortable bed free wifi train station car park christmas market central location city break the main square breakfast buffet hotel bar wonderful city within easy walking distance bars and restaurants centre of town short stay
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2018

My room was great with a view right out to the cathedral next door. Location is superb and right across the sidewalk from the Jan Van Eyk altarpiece. Breakfast had a very good variety and was very tasty. Staff was courteous and helpful and the bartender recommended some of his favorite spots in town. Room was very clean, bed was comfy, had everything I needed for an terrific stay. Free wifi too. Would love to go back.

Room tip: ask for view of cathedral-- so beautiful!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Perfect location. 5 mins walk to start of main areas for drinks and eats. Boat trip worthwhile for only 7 euros for 45 mins. Gent is faultless and my only gripe was the lack of storage space in the room (the previous reviews were accurate so I knew what to expect). The price for the room was very reasonable so next year I'm upgrading to the superior room....yes we're coming back; it was that good. A special shout out to Ceres behind the hotel bar; she is fabulous and friendly and fun. In summary 9 out 10 (10 out of 10 if the room storage space was improved).

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in Ibis before in different places so you know what you get. Ibis has a pretty good quality in the budget friendly segment. This one at St Baafs has just a little extra and I think its mostly the friendly service and the warm welcome they offer the guests. Unfortunately they sufferd from an electrical breakdown in the city center and the hotel had no light no airco and no computer access at the reception for more then 3 hours but again the way the staff handled the situation was defintely customer friendly. Working in the hotel industry myself for several years I can truly recommand this hotel if your looking for an ideal and budget friendly location in the city center then this is the place !! Also my little Maltese dog enjoyed his stay and felt welcome.
We will defintely come back to stay here.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located in the most picturesque part of the historic centre. Reception is helpful/friendly. Rooms are variable. I've stayed here many times before and had a decent sized single room. This time, I was with my wife and the Double Room was rather small. It was difficult to fit in two sets of luggage and walk easily around the spaces between the double bed and the walls. Breakfast is ok but not worth Euro15. I rate this 4/5 because of the fabulous location and helpful staff.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

I was never fond of Ibis hotels because they tend to be on the lower end in terms of both price and quality. But I can only confirm the great reviews it received. It is not a 5 star hotel, but it’s very affordable, the rooms are new, very nice and clean, location is excellent, and breakfast is really good. So I’d definitely return!

Date of stay: June 2018